Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 16
Date: 4/28/2005
Time: 10:23:49 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BELLAONLINE2
Description:
The script started from the URL '/showthreaded.php' with parameters 'Cat=0&Number=582551&page=&vc=1' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

I have the UBB forum on its very own server - nothing else is running on that server except mail. It is a 3 GHz machine, and it is literally 75%-90% idle most of the time. So it has a ton of time to dedicate to UBB. Why am I getting these timeout errors?

In general, the forums are running VERY slowly. The whole reason I upgraded t threads was to kick the speed up vs the super-slow performance of Classic. I have over 10,000 members and accepted that I was at the top limits of Classic, but I thought this was a normal volume of members and posts for threads.

Help!!

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
Just so no one thinks we are ignoring this, she did put in a support ticket and we are investigating.

enthusiast
enthusiast
showthreaded can often time out on very large threads, since it's trying to display a large structure. Not sure if that's the case here, but if you have lots of long threads, and lots of people using threaded mode, they will often encounter time outs. Flat mode doesn't usually have that problem.

Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,277 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29