Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#44831 05/11/2005 11:45 PM
Y
stranger
stranger
Y Offline
I'm attempting to perform a fresh installation of UBB.threads 6.5.1.1. I followed the instructions to the letter (at least I think I did), uploading all files using ASCII or Binary as appropriate, and setting all necessary permissions.

The installation instructions said that creating a sessions directory was optional, but I did create one and put it above the web root with 0777 permissions.

Now the problem: when I run the install script, it tells me that for Step 1 it needs to verify permissions on certain files. I get a table where everything is listed as [:"green"]PASSED[/] except "sessions directory," which is listed as [:"red"]FAILED[/].

I know my sessions directory is set to 0777. Furthermore, when I took a quick peek at the install.php code, it appeared (unless I'm mistaken) that the script was looking for my sessions directory in the main ubbthreads directory, not above the web root. It certainly never asked me where my sessions directory was, so I'm not sure how it would expect to check permissions without asking me.

I could just edit the install.php file to look for the sessions directory in the right place, but first I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something stupid. Is this just a bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

enthusiast
enthusiast
There's 2 different sessions directory - the one inside the ubbthreads directory will be used during install. Make sure it's inside /ubbthreads (as it is in the zip) and make sure it's writable.

Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com
Y
stranger
stranger
Y Offline
[]Make sure it's inside /ubbthreads (as it is in the zip)[/]

Really? That's odd. My zip doesn't seem to contain a sessions directory. I've just re-downloaded the zip and confirmed it - no sessions directory. Are you seeing one inside the zip?

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
You are correct. The 6.5.1.1 files do not contain the sessions directory for some reason, even though it is required. You'll need to manually add it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,063 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29