Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
....and don't like what I found.
After all the delays and problems with 6.5 I waited around for two updates before installing 6.5.1.1.

After installation my members are finding that they now have to RE-Log in everytime they come back to the boards...... Before the upgrade they were able to re-visit the baords and still be logged in.

2ndly.....I STILL am unable to upload NEW avatars to the to forum images in the control panel. I also cannot DELETE the images that are currently in the "Forum Images" sectio0n of the control panel.

Any help???

Musky

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The update from 6.5.1 to 6.5.1.1 wasn't intended to adress either of those issues. It fixed a security bug. It made no changes to the log in or post mark system, it made no changes to image uploads.

As far as your image uploads, that is doubtless a permissions issue. You're likely running in safe mode, your server is running as "apache" or "nobody" and YOU own the directory. Nothing we here can do to change that behaviour. If safe mode gets turned off that problem will go away, but then you're open to a myriad of other problems. Another option would be run PHP as a cgi and run it through SuEXEC like perl does, but then you lose a performance. PHP is was and likely always will cause admins and end users to have to consider a large number of tradeoffs.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Thank you for the response David. My question then would be: Why put a feature on the boards that can only be run if you open up your server [] " to a myriad of other problems" [/] or make changes that would [] lose performance.[/]

Maybe I am missing something here.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You wouldn't, musky. Or, I wouldn't think you would, but a lot of people do. Which is why I mentioned them as posibilities, but don't necessarily recommend them.

By the way, this isn't a boards adjustment, it's a server wide server configuration issue. It's not the something the boards can or do control, just something we have to live with and work with.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Napalm), 806 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29