Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#464 06/11/2006 8:26 PM
I am sure I will be banned foir life for even asking this, but is their any "hint" of a "Finish" date? My long range hope are that we will see a finsihed product by September??? As that is when things really heat up on my sports site....

Thanks

Musky

How's all this "hopie-changie" working out for you???
Musky #467 06/11/2006 9:09 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It'll be "finished" when it's "finished"; that date will vary on how long the public beta goes for, and that will vary on how many bugs are found... It's really impossible to say...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #468 06/11/2006 10:17 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Gizmo sumed it up pretty good. I'd say things are moving along pretty good. Definitely can't give a date, but I don't think there are any major fundamental flaws that are going to slow things down majorly. It's just a matter of people getting a chance to test it and then get the bugs fixed.

7.0 has been a long wait, so will be pushing to get it finished as soon as possible, without taking any shortcuts and releasing something half-baked wink

Rick #470 06/11/2006 11:24 PM
O
O Offline
i appreciate that saying "it will be ready when it's ready" is the responsible position to take, in particular when it involves software.

however, the world is not going to stop turning, and people have to make plans, and if those plans involve software then i think it's reasonable to ask for a release date for the "fully-baked" version.

Okusi Associates -- Indonesian business and management services
Okusi #471 06/11/2006 11:28 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, look at it this way... If Rick (or anyone) gives a date, even as an estimate, and it's not met; people will sit and moan about dates not being met... Setting a date when there is no logical way to do so is horrid for a company, or software, image...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #472 06/11/2006 11:42 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
We'll have a better idea once it's in public beta and more people start using it. We don't want to have some open-ended thing going on where nobody has any idea when it's going to be finished. We'll try and give some sort of "estimate" once it's been in beta for a couple weeks. The beta period is really the unknown factor. It could go extremely well or it could take awhile. It all depends on how many people set it up on their site and actively test it. I'll be fixing things as soon as they get reported.

Rick #475 06/12/2006 10:18 AM
O
O Offline
as a (former) programmer, i am sympathetic to your perspective. it's just that i -- like others i guess -- have to make plans, and i would very much like those plans to include ubbthreads if at all possible! smile

Okusi Associates -- Indonesian business and management services
Rick #510 06/14/2006 4:45 AM
Originally Posted by Rick
It all depends on how many people set it up on their site and actively test it. I'll be fixing things as soon as they get reported.

I know that I've been chomping at the bit, waiting for 6/15 to get here so that I could try out version 7. smile

As a novice at this kind of stuff, I can understand completely the hesitation for giving a timeline estimate--especially since the beta version hasn't been released.

----

I've told my mods that there are changes coming; once I can get the beta up and running, they'll be able to *play.* I told my regular site's members that it's coming--but gave them no timeline.

It just seems to be the prudent way to tackle things.

~Sue
adwoff.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 859 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29