Print Thread
Hop To
#87514 05/17/2004 11:49 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Hi,
I joined this board because I just joined one of your boards at http://Melaniemusic.net and I am having problems the webmaster can't answer. We are all trying to learn the different functions. Here is my question:
I can't click on the "add answer" at the bottom of the page (the "quick answer" part). The button only shows half a button and when I try to click on it, it won't let me answer. I found a button to the left that I CAN click on to answer someone but, I am wondering why the two buttons right below where you type doesn't work? It did work until a couple of days ago. Could it be my web tv? I was having trouble with the "avatar" function as well. It worked for a while but stopped working a couple of days ago. Now it IS working. Can you give me some idea as to why these things are happening?
Thanks,
Jim Baldwin
PS: I like the board a lot and might want to use one on the site I am building. http:/wildridedove.com

Greg Kelley
Vestige, Ltd.
#87515 05/17/2004 2:35 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hello Jim,

I am unable to duplicate the problems you're experiencing in the WebTV Viewer program that I have here.

Because of the closed nature of the WebTV system, it may be impossible for us to duplicate and perform any effective troubleshooting with any problems you may actually have with the real unit.

I would highly advise you (and any other WebTV users) to consider purchasing a real PC...

You should also note that the control panels for each of our products requires a modern, sixth generation browser. You would be unable to set up and maintain a board with WebTV alone.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
#87516 05/17/2004 11:39 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Thanks Charles,
YOUR board function, (add reply) seems to be working fine. I will know for sure when I send this message. It looks different than the board on http://melaniemusic.net. The board there covers the whole screen, yours goes in a colum down the middle of my tv.

I will think about getting a computer but, I like web tv better. To me, everything is so much brighter and easy to see. I don't have to worry about the upgrades and programs (nothing I have to buy). Sure there ARE some things I can't access but 90% of the time I can find a way around the problem (even the small problem I am having with this board program). I love my webTV. Being on a fixed income, I will, more than likely, stay with webtv. 7 years and, NEVER a problem with my hardware.

UBB is a great service. I will enjoy using it.
Thanks again,
Jim

Greg Kelley
Vestige, Ltd.
#87517 05/17/2004 11:40 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G Offline
PS: "Add reply" button works fine on this site.

Greg Kelley
Vestige, Ltd.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 790 guests, and 230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29