Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
M Offline
The register link is gone off of my board. How do I get it back? You know they're both gone somehow.

Normally when logged out of a UBB board, you will see a message that says "You are not logged in." Then a login 0r register links appear right there.

My new board has the log in link. But, the register link is gone. You know this is the very reason why I have a "Join Us" link in my homepage site menu frame to the left. So, that I could add my board's register link to that menu frame itself. If I had already added the exact link to open the register page for the new board, I wouldnt be here posting this.

As such that my new board is far from being public ready, I have not added its url to my site menu frame, nor the register profile page link to the "Join Us" menu item. So, guess what? I have a very very very very huge major problem without that register link. It must be fixed. I need so to know what to do here to fix the problem.

Let me give you more information: I had edited the "wordlets" page to change the "register" link to "Join Us" after that I ran into the major problem of not being able to see the logout button link in my board while I was logged in. I found the problem in the wordlets page in that regard. I a few of the items that appear at the top such as: welcome to our newest member: to appear as Hey everyone lets all welcome our newest friend: Then I chaned the wordlet info for the top right colum where it identifies the total registerd users to say " Our Commmunity has total members:" These wordlet infos were too long and pushed the logout of of focus or phase variance or somthing. I couldnt even log out! I stayed logged in until I re edited the wordlets page back to its defults, out of fear that I would loose the login link after logged out and not be able to get logged back in.

Once I editd those back to defults, the log out button reapeared. I think this has somethint to do with the disapearance or out of phase "register" links on the front page of my board. I have edited back the orgianal wordlets to their defutls as best as I remeber. Yet, I am missing someting!

Can anyone tell me if it is as simple as finding the worldlet files on my server and uploading the copies from my compressed zip of my UBB Classic download software and just upload all files .cgi extentions that are related to the wordlets and the worldlets config display settings?

On the other hand, I am looking for a much better fix to find out what the defult or what it is in my wordlets chars I am missing here to make this right. I only have one account in the board. I am sorry I cannot register someone here a test account to get in my control panel and help me fix the problem.

Former Developer
Former Developer
Goto your Control Panel, in the left navigation choose Registration Settings. Uncheck "Suspend Registrations".

That will put the register link back on your page. If you don't want people registering and posting, I would enable the Moderation Queue on the same, which means that people cannot login until you approve their account.

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
M
M Offline
Oh I totally forgot about that.. I was just freaked out about this. I thought I did something to the wordlets in regard to the register link. I will post back if that solved the problem. Thanks!

M
M Offline
Problem is now solved. That is what it was.. I suspened the registrations to prevent any sign ups should the url end up full public. Also, I have edited the orgial post to remove the BB code link to that url.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 681 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29