#88854 04/09/2005 10:55 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I have ceased to receive all e-mail notification
...of personal messages.
...of postings on forums which I moderate
...about specific threads where my notification ...option is enabled.
...verification of password change via e-mail.

About the same time my problem began, I did remove myself from email notification on several (but not all) specific postings. It seems this removal caused me to lose all e-mail notification.

How do I resolve? I have Administrator rights. Any help would be appreciated.
-----------------------------------------
Addendum:
I have checked with other members. The problem seems confined to me.

I have confirmed that my personal profile option "email notification of personal messages" is enabled.. I even disabled and re-enabled and this did not resolve the problem. I changed my e-mail address and this did not resolve the problem.

All of my direct personal email on the same address seems to come thru without difficulty.

Former Developer
Former Developer
Login to your cp.cgi, goto Primary Settings, Email tab.

Verify that mail features are enabled in the CP, and submit, even if they are correct. Then try again.

Also, for the Moderator notification, you need to verify that you are in the list in the Forum Settings for those forums.

If you are still having trouble, and it is isloated to you, you will want to contact the administrator of the mailserver where your account is and ask them if they are filtering. Have them check to see if your IP is blacklisted.

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thanks Ron. I'll let you know my findings.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Update:
Problem originated at the UBB forum. This is the message received from the host ISP

"We checked the logs and saw no mail even attempted delivery to you from UBB to our mail service. So, we tried a reboot to see if it affected anything. Afterwards, we see several Emails in the logs delivered to you. Seems like another windows issue."

Following the reboot, I have received all the missing notifications, personal messsages, password updates, etc. Nothing missing now. No options were changed. The problem seemed like it occurred at about the same time as my removing e-mail notification (inside my profile) on about 10 postings while leaving another 10 postings with notification enabled. I don't believe(?) I received any further e-mails from the forum after that change. I am not 100% certain of the exact timing but all e-mails of all types stopped coming.

Based on the above message, we know the e-mails were still being generated but why did they not get sent to the mail server?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
UBB has no mail queue features - if the mails were eventually delivered to you, then UBB did send them off to the SMTP server. If bouncing the SMTP server / rebooting the machine helped, then chances are that the SMTP server had them in a queue.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thank you Charles for the followup.
The strange thing is that I was the only one involved. Other moderators and members received their mail but not me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 819 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29