Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey,
I have been trying to install the demo of UBB on my server before i buy it so i know it works correct. I know it should be working but i think there may be an error in one of the paths. When i am on step 8 in the install process for unix/linux servers i go to my cp.html page via http://www.spexdesign.com/ubb/cp.html
and then click the general settings link and get the following error:
Error including required files: Can't locate UltBB.setup in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at cpanel.cgi line 45. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

i found somewhere in the FAQ on infopop that this error may be do to not uploading the files in the proper format, but i did upload them in the proper format so i know its not that. the faq also said that the paths may be wrong. The path to access my perl files
is /usr/local/bin/perl
or
/usr/bin/perl
or
/bin/perl
how do i change the @INC (@INC if thats what needs to be done? I know the permissions are set right also. My ISP is icom ( http://www.icom.com )
will someone please help me!! i am very desperate.
thank you so much in advance,
shawn carberry

------------------
::please help me!::

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
What FTP software are you using to upload your files. My guess you had it set to auto-detect and it detected the three of the four variables files as binaries since they don't have standard text-type extensions. If you happen to be using CuteFTP, please try WS_FTP as there have been some odd problems with CuteFTP and ascii uploads.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
--Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hey,
i have tried both WS_FTP and cute ftp now. I get the same problem either way. I am not stupid and i know i have uploaded the files in correct format. Do you know how i change the path that it says is incorrect in the error?
This is the error:
Error including required files: Can't locate UltBB.setup in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at cpanel.cgi line 45. Make sure these files exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I know these files exist on my server but the path displayed above is not where they are.
the path is really /usr/local/perl/
to get to any of my perl files.
Can anyone help me change the path?
thank you,
shawn

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
It does not appear that you have loaded the four variables files in the cgi directory. These files should be located with the rest of the cgi files. Did you happen to create a variables directory inside the cgi-bin? If so, that is the problem, remove that directory and place the four variables just in the cgi-bin directory (no subdirectories). I checked for the UltBB.setup file and it is NOT located at http://www.spexdesign.com/cgi-bin/UltBB.setup which is where it should be.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
--Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes Back

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by spexdesign:
I am not stupid and..</font>
Hah! wow i feel dumb!!!!
yeah i totally forgot to upload the variable files. I guess i am pretty stupid. I must have misfollowed the directions or something.
WEll it seems to be working now. thankyou
if i have ne more problems i know where to come!
thanks!
shawn

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29