Originally Posted by Ruben
I found it was never setup correctly as far as the subscription groups never had permissions set and paypal never updated the transaction to paid in UBB..
As far as paypal I think I found the reason.
In paypal , IPN was set to enable with a non existent listener url.

UBB.threads 7.6.2 fixed multiple PayPal issues
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/261663/7-6-2-changelog-discussion

The two major PayPal fixes were:
[UPDATE] PayPal IPN (instant Payment Notification) Verification Postback has been updated to HTTP/1.1 (HTTPS). HTTP/1.0 (HTTP) postbacks will no longer be supported by PayPal as of June 2018.
In June 2018, PayPal dropped support for HTTP/1.0 (HTTP) postbacks. So if you were still using UBB.threads 7.6.1 (and older) after that date, your PayPal transactions would be declined.

AND

Fixed in UBB.threads 7.6.2 were the pages that were never written. UBB.threads 7.6.1 (and older), PayPal would send the user back to a broken/non-existent page. Their subscription transaction would never complete, and would require a forum admin to manually process it. This was for repeating subscriptions. One-time subscriptions forwarded the user back to the main UBB.threads forums page, and never told the user that the process was successful.

There is no need to enable "auto return" (or anything special) on your PayPal account, other than having a PayPal Business account and allowing payments to be accepted.

Prior versions of UBB.threads (7.6.1 and older) required PayPal "auto return" to be enabled since that portion of UBB.threads remained unwritten, and the user would just be dumped in to either a PayPal "thank you" page with zero links on it, or they would be returned to a broken UBB.threads page where they needed to contact the forum admin to manually update the subscription

I believe that setting is located at this link:
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/checkout-settings/#customize-the-checkout-experience

--

As for subscriptions failing to delete, I believe that may be caused because the subscription is still seen as active, aka "incomplete." Find the last status, and change it to "EXPIRE NOW." Then you should be able to "DELETE" it.

If you wanted to modify your database directly, I can offer two options. Both require modification of the ubbt_SUBSCRIPTION_DATA table

1/
Find the USER_ID you want to modify.
Update the following fields:
set SUBSCRIPTION_IS_ACTIVE to 0
set SUBSCRIPTION_END_DATE to 1577836800 (this is 2020-01-01 00:00:00)

or 2/
You can also modify the database directly and remove the undesirable lines from SUBSCRIPTION_DATA.
This will also remove the subscription history (and detail) from the forum user's dashboard and the admin's dashboard. This should be a last resort.