I have a dilemma....My ISP ZIPPED up my HUGE UBB into a file on its current NT server and FTP'd the ZIP file to the new LINUX server. He unzipped the file on the UNIX server. Directory structures were maintained but we have a file corruption problem. I found that .cgi files in cgi-bin were giving Server errors. A check of the server log by the ISP said the file couldn't be found. It was there, it just could not be executed. When I copied a new file using ASCII over to the new server the file executed.

When I try to begin making changes to general settings the UBB does not know I am an ADMIN. It cannot find my user record...any of my ADMIN records. I have one in OldMembers and one in Members.

I tried setting the Members diretory to Members and member. My ISP set the CHMOD to 777 in members and set all the members files to CHMOD 777. The cgi-bin permissions are set properly.

The ISP ran ubb_test.cgi using Test 4 and finds the path to member OK and directory writable. I run it and find that directory is not writeable. I can issue the CHMOD 777 command on the directory but the ubb_test.cgi message never changes.

FYI, I did set up a simple BB from scratch so I know the BB should work on this server

The BB was shut off on the NT before compressing and copying. When I press the button for the socket test I don't get the socket test. I get the BBS screen telling me the BB is offline.

I may have more than one problem. One is the file corruption and the second is directory permissions.

Ideas? Thanks very much.