Thanks, I figured that was what those were for...but never could find any kind of info/help/how-to or other documentation....or maybe I jusy couldn't figure out exactly what question to ask to search for the info here.

That brings me back to a discussion SixPack and I had on this. I apologize to Rick for bringing this up because I'm sure this is a major PITA, but it's a fact of life for programmers. I'm stupid....I'm smart enough to know I'm stupid....I don't mind admitting it....I depend on Rick to think for me and build what I am not capable of building....but, it's not fair to just dump a new owner of a W3T forum into a pile of Perl scripts without good docs and how-tos.

This should be the number one priority of all the ADMIN alterations!

Documentation for the Admin....on the Admin pages

The problem with searching on this website for info...since there is almost no doc or help bundled with the distribution... about how-to and set-up and mods is that you have to know what it is you're looking for....you have to know WHAT to ask to find out what you don't know.

Little things can be awful for a new user to have to guess at. Many of us are not Perl literate and are not confident to "play around" within the scripts and files Rick has so masterfully authored. That's why we buy this stuff rather than write it ourselves....well, duh!.....so, we depend on really simple-minded docs, how-tos, helpfiles.

** ** I'd like to have a explanation page with how-to help, linked to every Admin page as part of the distro bundle. ** **

There should be detailed explanations of what each setting is for, how it works, what the possible settings variables are, why, samples, FAQs on every dinky thing. What stops most wannabe forum owners from using W3T is the lack of documentation and help files. It's just too confusing for a novice webmaster.

If our site wants to grant someone Admin priviledges, we have to be sure they are able to figure out how to work with W3T on their own....blind...no docs or help....or I'm going to have to write my own instruction guide for them.

Do you really want someone with my knowledge writing the help files and how-tos for the W3T software? I don't think so.....

" Life is hard, but it's harder when you're stupid ! "