I had the most unfortunate mishap on Oct 21 where my server crashed, outsourced. I was planning to do the UBB upgrade anyway that was released on 10/19..but I had a lot of trouble getting everything reinstalled as was..so I upgraded the UBB without my 5.47UBB content to 6.1UBB and got the rest of my site working - i thought the old files had been lost for good.

I have received the backup UBB site files from my provider and will be reinstalling 6 months worth of cgi content files this weekend. I was running 400MB+ for 6 months of content, and was pruning some valuable content monthly. Considering that there is a 1:1+ ratio between the cgi & html files of 5.47 I expect to be under 200MB when I've reloaded them and don't have the html files to worry with, or the forumdisplayindex files that grew to 10 MB each.

Now the one problem I did have was with the log files created..you know for stats and errors and such..they did take up 400MB after only a week!!!! Once I had this disabled on my account I am back down to a cool 130MB before reloading old files (see above). I BET if you have log file creation turned on this could be what is loading up the site.

IMO website statistics are misleading..all I need to know is I have more hits than I care to count anymore. The only information I really need is how many pageviews the BB gives for advertising..and then I really need how many times the ad was exposed which is documented by the WebAdvert scripts I use.

Hay I do hosting as a reseller and I couldn't even host my own site with 5.47, now there is hope but I have enough clients to goto a dedicated server shortly. If you need a better host, check out www.tera-byte.com especially their virtual server plan at $69/month..50GB b/w & 2GB storage.