We are using UBB 6.05 and suddenly we've run outta space. Checking folder sizes I've had the worst surprise of my life to see CACHE directories lavishing on 25MB of our payed webspace! We never imagined upgrading from 5.45 to 6.05 would make a 35MB board go to 120MB!!!

To top this, after we've bought some more space to feed the hungry UBB, now it doesn't show the updated threads! I had to disable Cache, clear it, FTP and manually remove the the contents of those folders and only then the forum updated! And yes, I've rebuilt forum stat files. And everything else, for that matter.

To my further surprise, testing revealed that even with Cache disabled, it still goes on writing stuff! I just opened a new topic and looked thru FTP at the Cache dir. Ugly programming!

So, please get rid of this idiotic system! Don't go the Internet Explorer way. That was a freebie and still sucked when it showed yeasteday's pages just to pretend is soooo fast... UBB costs dough and should not cheat its customers so blatantly! If you imagine that making UBB bigger and bigger will make us move to Open Topic or something, think twice. Ikonboard 3 is coming soon... and it's free.