I think the login info was fine, the UBB changed his username in the config file, and thus it was being submitted wrong due to this odd behavior.
Correct. it was fine until i went to the "Game-Master.Net » Control Panel » DB, Paths & URLs" of the control panel. At this point the CP CHANGED:
1. Database Username: my message board account name
2. Database Password: my message board account password
When I hit submit, it shoved this info into the config file whereby screwing me over for all future DB access. (since my message board user name is incompatable with the DB.)
Luket, if I'm assuming this correct (as mentioned above) would you be willing to backup your config file, and go and just submit the db info page to see if it overwrites your mysql username again to narrow down if it is a bug with this area?
Done. I fix everything and went back to the "Game-Master.Net » Control Panel » DB, Paths & URLs" and noticed that in fact it auto filled in those two database fields (user and password) with my message board info.
I then hit Submit and verified that once again my config file was updated with the bad user name (and password)
The problem is very simple. The "Game-Master.Net » Control Panel » DB, Paths & URLs" section should NEVER change those fields unless explicitly asked to do so.