Originally Posted by Gizmo
If you're looking for control, I'd agree with Allen, a VPS would be an affordable way to go...
Yeah, I'm a control freak. BUT I also understand that with control comes responsibility... Responsibility I could be paying someone else to take. crazy

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I don't really like the expense that these "cool" control panels come with, then Webmin can do the same for free though wink...
I actually hate Webmin too. It doesn't get in the way like things that are forced upon you, and it also doesn't seem to freak out if you do things the good "old fashioned way" either. So I much prefer it if I HAVE to have some GUI interface.

Originally Posted by Gizmo
A managed VPS is going to cost you more than an unmanaged one, but if you're new to maintaining a server, Managed is definitely the way to go...
Yeah, I've just gotta decide how much responsibility I want to take. I could literally run the thing out of my house and it would just fly (gotta love fibre to the home) but I don't want the responsibility for all the redundancy I'd like.

I appreciate the "sanity check" on the $15/mo. solutions. I'll look into Future Hosting. Their managed solution for ≈$80/mo seems to "only" include 1gb RAM at this point, but beyond that, it seems like a good place to look at as well.