I think I kind of predicted this in a kind of way back when you first were looking for a host. I do not wish to say anything like I told you but it really sucks when you have these problems.
I have been through all of this in the past. Have had host's hose my site just to get me mad enough to move off their service. I even had one tell me if I think I can do a better job then go ahead and try. That dude is outta business and I tried all right. I now own my own and have some of his customers. I never hear from them other then them begging me for a bill every now and again. I always forget to bill my customers.
I have became some sort of Eisenstein with Linux in many ways. My computer store buddy, whom I helped get the place when he bought it, sat and watched me do some stuff from the store one day in the servers all command line rewriting security files in "pico", kind of like notepad, while the server was running and then recompile the stuff. Kind of blew him away.
I have came far and have a long way to go that's for sure. But I am in the position that if I want it then I just do it. It cost me no more or less and I just do what I want.
I'm currently in the process of building an online radio station with a complete radio station setup minus the Radio Frequency transmitters but broadcasting through the internet. Were also looking at other stations taking our feed and transmitting to their listeners through the air waves as well. I'm looking at spending around $75,000 out of my pocket to get it going. I all ready have a racing show interested in going live for their radio show from here and perhaps 4 days a week live for local dirt track races and such as well.
I will still do the web hosting as I need that rack for the major processing of the radio show but still will be moving right along.
Like I said before, been there and done that.
Thanks for your remembrance of my comments in your other thread as well.