Just checked out the "modified" Siemens "S70" Light Rail car that seats 172 riders vs the previous 166... I can now tell you why lol... They scrunched all of the seats together to give you 0 leg room (literally, my knees hit the wall in the seats that face the wall, or collide with other riders on the seats that face people).

The only "comfortable" seats are the 8 in the front of the train (since it's two joined together that's 8 in the front, 8 in the rear).

The new line is only slated for one train every 30 minutes (vs 15 of the other lines) and only slated to go till 7:00pm (vs 2am for the other lines).

It was schedualed for longer, but with the utter failing of the southern line they cut back the frequency for that startup until ridership can be established..

[Linked Image from trimet.org]


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!