Haiko,

I'm sorry you've had a rough time getting UBB.threads to do exactly what you want it to do. Any time you are moving that much data between to entirely different products (with their own flavor, style, and behavior), you're going to have some areas where they don't exactly mesh. Toss in the fact that both products are under constant development, making it extremely difficult to keep the importer in synch. (It's like waterskiing with two different boats towing your skis.)

We're doing our absolute best to minimize the pain of migrating, but obviously we aren't there yet.

We try to be pretty clear about the hazards of customizing the code---it just makes it really hard for our support staff to decipher what's been done over a period of time to a particular board. At this point, you've got a couple of options:

1) Josh is willing to help you further via these boards; or you can get specific help with the hack on the board where you obtained it.

2) You can revert to non-customized software and we can try to get you going. Rick is currently working on some changes that will allow .threads to use display names.

I just have one favor to ask---please do not post personal attacks on our staff. That's the one no-no on this board. I'm leaving this thread open so that Josh can keep helping you, but lets try to keep it civil.