I agree totally that the importer needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, I didn't write the importer nor have I worked on it so I cannot speak on that part of it. I do not know the format of UBB.classic so I was not able to contribute to this. I do know it is being worked on to improve it by Dave, who knows the format of both systems so it imports the data correctly. However I do not know the status of it.

I write the .threads script itself. You PM'd me so I thought I'd reply to what portion I can speak on and I can only speak on behalf of .threads. I do know that it does indeed work as intented. Yes, there are some bugs that are found by a variety of users but you'll find that anywhere where users help track things down. I don't intentionally release things that are buggy just so users can deal with it but there are some things that only get uncovered under normal operations.

The admin problem you spoke of was that the import script apparently didn't import your status correctly. The advice of clearing your cookies by Brett is a valid step on some occassions in that from time to time users don't get logged in correctly due to corrupted cookies.

The username issue is that .threads has not supported different username/display names so the importer had to account for this. This feature was never requested before when it was wwwthreads but I'm making some modifications for the next version that will allow for this. This will help clear up one issue with the importer.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer