Gizom, by no means have I finished analyzing all the stuff over on SFS. Heck I don't understand a lot of it.

From what I gather, the purpose is to keep miscreants out and report them as opposed to doing analytical work within. On the other hand, they care about site-scraping, bot detection and the upcoming deal, that is apparently going to be hostile network list, a manual deal.

One of the active programmers over there, or maybe two, has a reporting tool(s?) that looks neat.

For sure, they like additional reports on those who would spam.

I suspect if you posted your concerns either in the registered members only section, one of the long timers or pedigree himself would give you some answers. They seem really helpful to folks who are writing tools for forum software upgrades.

If I were capable of writing a plug in, and I am not longer capable, this is probably what I would do:

1. Do everything as a control panel function, including report calls.

2. Scan existing membership. Ask Pedigree for permission to do more than 5K day for that purpose. Ask if IP and email address are two different inquiries or the same for 5K purposes.

In any event, look up existing IP addresses and email against SFS database.

I really don't see a need to go back over a year with that scan, the purpose of which is to detect and isolate stealth bombers waiting to be activated.

If Pedigree does not agree, then write for 2K/day or whatever until the list of users is complete. That could be manual.

3. Tag existing members found in the database and run the report for admin action.

4. Look up all incoming registrations against SFS database, tag those that match.

5. Recommend one of the report tools. Maybe even integrate it.

Heck best I can do.

Larry
www.marriageadvocates.com