My forum traffic on my three forums I run has been steadily dying over the past year or so. When I watch the growth of my Faceboo pages, a key feature on FB seems to be that any time someone posts, I get popped an email. It lures me back.
In UBB I'd have to manually watch the forum / thread, then *also* tell the system to email me those notes. The vast majority of my users never do that. So they forget to check, and fade away.
I would like to alter the code so by default everyone is set to get email alerts on watched threads, and they can turn it off if they want. Also, I want it to have it auto-watch anything they create or reply to, which they can turn off.
Is that fairly easy? Looking at this posting form it appears at least for new posts that it should be easy to implement. Just check that box below. What is the code change to auto turn on the email option? Any thoughts?