Originally Posted by Mark J.Cairns
However, my point is... who does the $59 bucks yearly actually go to now? Who actually answers the so-called "support tickets"?
UBB Systems is the company who both manages licenses and provides official support via the support portal.

So v7.59 is a purely Gizmo/id242 release and not the main developer?
UBB Systems is currently contracting The UBB.Development Network for coding on the UBB.threads product. It is not unheard of for companies to hire outside developers for coding tasks.

If you feel that your last years renewal fee was wasted, I encourage you to talk with the company via the support desk, after all they should know your opinions on the state of things.

As far as I can see, it's basically Gizmo (and in the past year or two, Isaac/id242) doing all the grunt work now, yet you both only consider yourselves "enthusiasts" for the software and not on the payroll?
Well, since 7.5.9's release we've made agreements with Brooks to move forward with the development through UBBDev.

So are you two now working for Brooks/SD and actually get a rightful share at last? If so, then that's great, and rightly so, and I've no problem with that and welcome it.
Where we're currently developing versions of UBB.Threads for UBB Systems, id242 and I are the sole developers on the project, through UBBDev.

But if the developer who has promised the holy grail of vapourware 7.6/7 v6.0 for years now is the guy who gets the reward for both your hard work, then I've a major problem with that, and again is what irks me to pay $59 to upgrade to 7.5.9 from 7.5.8, without clarification. I've looked at various threads throughout this UBB Central site to answer these questions and still can't work it out clearly.
I've been here since the product's inception, I've helped build this community, I've helped beta test, and I've helped supply code to the project since UBB.Classic was first created, and since UBB.Threads first came about. Isaac has a similar background as myself as well. We've put so much work into things over the years we're not just going to wait and watch it die...

So we're contracting for UBB Systems, it's not unheard of for private companies to become developers on products. And you really can't blame Brooks for Rick's work on 7.6/8.0, remember, Rick contracted out and the developer passed away without providing checkins (at least that's what we where told), this was far before Brooks even took over ownership. Where I was as frustrated as everyone else with the lack of development, that's specifically WHY Isaac and I decided to offer to do the development for UBB.threads.

Brooks has given us the goahead to produce 3-4 builds per year, and you can watch our UBB.threads Official Announcements forum at UBBDev to see all of our public checkins, we want everyone to be as excited about using UBB.threads as we have over the years, and we think that the best way of doing so is to actually tell you what is going on as we're working on it.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!