id242 -

Thank you for the information. I'd always let the system manage the pagefile, figuring if it needed more it'd simply take it. I have plenty of space.

But I've gone in and manually increased that value from 1193mb (what it felt it currently needed) to 3583mb (its recommended new setting). I'll need to reboot it later on for that to take effect - I don't like to reboot midday with all our visitors on the system.

I just hate to toss hardware at a problem when in general the forums are flying. The coder in me wants to figure out what the specific issue is and fix it. It's just this one specific operation that is choking. If it's not the session-file-creation, then something else in the first-post-of-the-day must be the culprit. I need to figure out how that first post is unique compared with subsequent posts.


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts