FWIW, I JUST (like a week ago) upgraded the servers (CentOS6, Linux (De-branded RHEL)) for two clients who ultimately use them for one site each:

Client Alpha
52,715 Registered Members
72 Forums
674,845 Topics
9,734,647 Posts
99 GB Ram, 4 CPU 2.4 GHz with 6 Cores per CPU

Client Bravo
33,947 Registered Members
72 Forums
190,344 Topics
2,783,777 Posts
74 GB Ram, 4 CPU 2.8 Ghz with 6 Cores per CPU

Heck, even my tiny VPS is 4 GB Ram, 2 GHz CPU with 4 Cores.

The goal is to have as little swap/page file usage as possible, which is achieved by adding additional memory, as when the page/swap space is used it can (and will) slow the system until resources are freed; on a Unix/Linux system you'd check this by simply looking at your iowait and swap usage.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!