My previous servers had less RAM smile. And they ran just fine. And heck the forums were more active back then, too. On a slower system.

This *is* an entire Windows 2012 VPS. I used to have a physical dedicated server until last fall when that hosting company stopped supporting them. So I transitioned to a new company with a VPS just for my site and forum. That one had serious issues, so I'm moving again, again to a VPS which is just for my site and forum. I log into it with remote desktop and manage it just like a "real server."

I can't imagine it's a server resource issue because it has to do with specific operations in the forums. I just woke up and went into the forums. My first post was dog-slow at 25 second. Second post? 1 second. It's not like the server was any different between those two operations. It has the same load and same memory and so on. Something different is going on with my forum activity between when I'm initializing my new session vs when I'm active within a session. So the question is, what operations take place when a user starts using UBB. What files are made and so on. Doesn't it create a new session when the user arrives and begins?

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts