Originally Posted by id242
Originally Posted by Baldeagle
I commented it out in email_html.tpl and email_text.tpl. But now that I look at it, I really didn't. facepalm

More testing......

Confirm that you are using HTML COMMENTS, rather than PHP COMMENTS.
Yeah, I stumbled across that first. I used PHP comments, and it printed the comment tags in the messages.

Originally Posted by id242
There are several different ways to add comment lines (also called, "comment-out") in different file types.
HTML: Comment tags <!-- and --> are often used to insert comments in HTML.
PHP: Preceding a the line with // is often used to comment-out single lines in PHP.

The majority of the content within the template files are HTML based. The section posted above is an HTML section.

Also, since your emails are being generated by this template, you probably should just remove those lines that you don't want displayed from the template file completely, rather than having the commented-out section that you do NOT want in your emails, to be inserted in to the email, but just hidden.
Thanks. My habit is to not remove things but comment them out. I realized I still have the entire install, including the original templates, in my home directory, so I could always fall back to those if need be.

I removed the line and the comment.

Thanks for your help.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43