One of the issues I see with all versions of the software concerning mobile uploads is image size. Many of these smart phones are taking photo's at 12 megapixels and are very large image sizes. With the version you are running the displaying of the images are huge and also cumbersome in server space after a while. I have set a size limit on my uploads to try to combat photo size in the area of file size and and storage.

As you see here in this forum the way images are now displayed in the UBB.threads 7.6.0 everything has changed to lightboxes and is much more friendly to mobile users as well as the standard computer users. No longer are the photos displayed in posts at their full size but appear as a attachment in the form of a thumbnail everywhere and when clicked come up in the lightbox to fit the device you are now using. This is a big step forward for all devices using the forums now.

I would suggest when the new version, UBB.threads 7.6.0, is finished and released to upgrade as you should have better control and ease of display for photos in the forums. From what I'm seeing here on the snapshots compared to past versions of the software much has changed in the area you're looking at.