Long story short, I changed php.ini (went from 2m to 20m upload size), restarted apache, changed the forum permissions (both for attachment size and image size as well as for number of attachments) and an image uploaded as expected.

However, I have an issue in that ImageMagick didn't seem to take effect at all. The image is still the same file size and dimensions as it was on upload.

Plus, I know that ImageMagick is at least *somewhat* working correctly (if not fully) as I can run "convert foo.jpg -resize 800x800 foo.jpg" and it resizes the image as I would have expected.

I have the paths correct.

Am I missing something?

Is there a more "realistic" convert statement I can run to test ImageMagick? It's up to date for CentOS (using yum).

Or, is this maybe an issue related to the fact I have basically a locked down 7.5.6 version (meaning, we got hacked before there was an update to 7.5.6 so I corrected it by chmod'ing the heck out of the /ubbthreads directory.) Currently the upload directory is 777, so that's not it, but beyond that, I'm willing to accept that it could be my problem.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 5.36.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 5.36.17 PM.png