If every item on the HTTPS page is from the same domain and using the HTTPS protocol (or just using the HTTPS protocol), Chrome and Firefox will not display insecure content warnings. (edit: this assumes that the domains are using a valid certs)
If any single element on an HTTPS page is coming from an HTTP page, there will be an "insecure content" warning. Because now you are delivering mixed content to your users.
http = insecure content
and
mixed content on https = insecure content
insecure content triggers insecure content warnings in Firefox and Chrome.
I get that. As is there's a little gray icon that, if I click on it tells me it's not secure.
Now, if I install SSL and HTTPS redirect
would I still see just the little gray icon if insecure content was on that page?
Or, would I get a more forceful indication like a popup or information bar that wasn't there before SSL?