Im using phpList Email List Manager for cleaning up bad emails. It works great.
1) Export all emails. Only the accounts which allow Admin Emails will be exported.
2) Import in to phpList Manager.
3) Send out a news digest.
anything that gets bounced back will go to your list manager bounce email address, and will be processed by the nightly cron job as bounced/not-found/error/rejected/unsubscribed....etc

And now that data is available to you to run a SQL query on your UBB.threads database.

Further, I've integrated it in to key locations of my UBB.threads installation so users will deal with weekly digest emails as they choose.

This caught and removed many old emails addresses from users who created and used accounts since 2000, and are no longer active. I'm amused by all the @yahoo, @aol, @cs2000, @---.edu/mil/gov addresses that my previous users had nearly 20 years ago.

https://www.phplist.org/manual/ch001_system-overview.xhtml

As a note, you are a webmaster and it is part of your job to know about the tools in your industry. If setting up something like this seems complex or confusing to you, I advise contacting a professional to assist you in getting the job done.
Attachments
20180906_08-33-29.PNG 20180906_08-39-00.PNG 20180906_08-38-41.PNG 20180906_08-54-01.PNG

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com