The responsive page display takes priority over any image dimensions as a smart fallback; so mobile users can see a huge image on their tiny screens (otherwise they'd be bombarded by something that'd require them to scroll).

The images are processed with the compression settings you setup via the attachments settings; allowing an 8MB upload will allow a user to upload a huge image, that'll be compressed down.

The thumb max height/width affects the display of the thumbnail, medium I don't believe is used anymore, full is the max size the image can be stored as on the server.

If you look at the image information of my attached image you'll see that its scaled to 200x200 (thumb width) as a 30.73KB image (it was 49KB, so it was compressed); since the image was only 600x600 it didn't reach the full size max dimensions, so it retains the dimensions of the original.
Attachments
3019770961872192759.jpg

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!