This might be part of a long standing bug.
For example in the forum summary page there is a indicator image that something is unread.
I open that forum.
Then I see several topics highlighted that they are unread.
without opening a Topic I go directly back to the forum summary and the indicator is gone.
But I open the forum again and all the topics show they are still unread.
Then again in the forum summary(different Forum) I see the unread image.
I open the forum and I don't see any unread topics I back out to the summary and the indicator is gone.
I believe this has been the behavior for a long long time not that it is correct but nobody has brought it up before.
Also in both cases you need to refresh the browser to see the unread indicator has been deleted.
Also on this board it has the same behavior.
Maybe you just noticed it because you were looking for something.wrong?
As far as going to the wrong post I am not sure.
I know in v7.7.4 there is a image that appears in the timestamp that shows new if unread.
Last edited by Ruben; 06/16/2020 5:01 PM. Reason: Added Comment