It looks like the curly backtick (from word generally, why do people prep stuff in office before posting to a plain text editor I'll never understand).

You should be able to use find/replace syntax to replace ’ with ' via MySQL.

Common replaces are:
“ = left quote = “
” = right quote = ”
‘ = left single quote = ‘
’ = right single quote = ’
— = en dash = –
– = em dash = —
• = hyphen = -
… = ellipsis = …


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!