Hi JC

Not sure what you mean by 'if it ended in html or htm'. Are you refering to the file extension? I really doubt the file extension made this a problem. On our server, .shtml is set up as SSI which in turn does its own thing. That is about it.

If the extension is the problem it should be the case every time it hits the page and not randomly as it was happening.

I really think the problem is with our Cobalt Server and the configuration:

Cobalt RAQ 4
Apache/1.3.12 Cobalt
PHP 4.1.2

When I tested UBBThreads with a test server on :

Redhat 7.3
Apache/1.3.20 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux)
PHP 4.1.2

It worked just fine. Of course, this is a test server where I just copied production DB and installed locally and tested.

It seems like apache/php is having some problem on Cobalts.

-Srinivas<br>Global Hindu Electronic Networks: http://www.hindunet.org/