True, it's a bad app, but what makes you think it doesn't happen? Almost all Microsoft products grab information about you from the registry and send it to microsoft (like when you register an app)....... does that stop people from using the software? nope!

Most people don't even know about it... They could do that with cookies also and you would never know. (not saying anybody does, but it is possible)

Also, yes you CAN track cookies over multiple sites.. ad companies do it .. all you do is set a global cookie......... coremetrics puts a cookie on your machine and tracks -everything- you do on ANY site that runs their product.. (when you visit the site it reports to their servers w/ your cookie id and what you are doing) in other words if you fill out a form with your name and address, it gets sent to coremetrics and associated with your cookie.. bet ya didn't know that? hehe... (this only happens on sites that run coremetrics product though)

I'm not saying that is bad .. they don't use the information in a bad way.. but it IS possible...... some banner add companies sell your 'surfing' habbites (they know which of their affilite sites you have visted, and where you went on those sites etc..)

again.. nothing bad really, but it's still possible to do, there is no denying it..

as for the js file thing.. yeah.. it was a bug on here, but it still only effects people who use cookies and if I never said anything nobody would have ever found that bug I don't think.. people who turn off cookies -can- be just protecting them selves from bugs like that.. they do exist, and they are a threat... shutting off cookies DOES make things a little safer... I know it's not the cookies fault, it's a mis-use of cookies by the person who creates the product, but none the less it still happens, and people don't find out about it until it's too late...

------------------------------------------------
Jeremy 'PeelBoy' Amberg