Celeste--

Thanks for taking a look.

Take a look at my post dated posted 14 Nov 01 06:08 PM, and the couple that preceded it.

I can logon only by posting a message. I can sometimes get smileys to work by typing e-mail smileys, like colon-dash-close parens.

But when I go back one screen to the transitions question list of posts, it says I am not logged on. When I try to logon through your logon link, it throws me out to some screen that I cannot figure out where I am, and never logs me in.

I do get some lightbulbs after going through the post a message routine, but not by the logon routine.

I never get a logoff routine, which scares me that someone else is possibly using my logon.

But when I go (I think this is how I remember it) to post another message it does not remember who I am.

So the question is, how do I make your stuff work as it is supposed to? Is MSIE 5.5 on a pc such an unusual set up that nobody can give me a straightforward, go here, check this, go there, click that answer? Instead, it is "guess maybe you should turn on [insiderscodewordthatIcan'tdecipherandmaybeneverheardofbefore]"--without telling me where to even start looking.

In short, if the site is that difficult to set up for, then should there not be a tutorial on the main screen telling people what to turn on and off, and where it is located on some common browsers?

So to say where I am, I have you set up as a restricted site, and only by doing that did I get any of the stuff to work, as stated above.

:-Doug.
[]Doug@FootprintsintheWind.com[/]
www.FootprintsintheWind.com