Originally posted by Ron M:
[qb] The nuts and the bolts of the guide is:
1- Backup your old
2- Install a NEW instance of the same version on the new server
3- Restore back profiles, posts, etc.
4- Run all rebuilds
The guide just gives more detailed instructions on how to perform the move. [/qb]
This is still not exactally what I need. Will I be able to to download the backup of my board from the win-server I am using now, and then upload the backup to my unix server when I change hosting companies? This is very important and I dont need guides as I have the guide from the link you sent me to get it, Ron. But, what I need is an answer if I can very easily transfer this board to a unix server I have now? Can I do it? Yes or No?