You know what? I don't understnad any of this. So I will give my hosting company a call and have them login to my ftp and get the current board and move it for me.

BTW, when I moved to a new domain I moved to a domain on a windows server as well and moving my board was so easy. I simply ftp the two primary directories (cgi-bin and my non-cgi ) and ftp them to the new server and everything worked as soon as I went to my admin cp to change the url root paths for the d drive and non-cgi and guess what? It worked.

The moving of the ultimatebb.cgi file is the key to that connectivity to the db name all forums were changed to the new domain url in about one second. UBB Classic is still one of a kind and is the ONLY board software that allows such an easy move. You just change your paths in your cp and its done when you have ftp your database and your files. One thing that does NOT work though doing this is your UBB accereator. That must be reuploaded again using the defult orginal from your orginal download file zip of the UBB Classic Installer files... To anyone reading this remember that!

However, the switch to a Unix server is going to be a challenge. I have previewed the guide that Ron sent in a reply post above here. Guess what? I am truly lost!