Ok this one may or may not be as simple as I thought. I have the UBB Classic Software build I think is only for Windows NT server. My new hosting company is a Unix server.

What move steps do I need to make to save my board? Meaning, do I need to reinstall the cgi-bin stuff -- which includes the vars.cgi files and the "Modules" Directory or is this 6.7.2 build compatible to just simply move it with the change of the dns and then login to the adnmin cp of the board to change the paths defults.

My server that is currently hosting the board is a windows server. But, I am leaving them to go to a hosting company that is a faster and better server. But, its a unix server. I will look around this board for a little bit here on this support site for some more info on these unix server move overs for UBB Classic 6.7.2 ref. or older builds and determin the compatibilty, while I await a response.

Now, I know that there may be a half of dozen topics in this board refering to this area. But, I think for most people, they find it easier to just start a new topic rather than searching possibly through a thousands pages of old back date posts to find the topics that have these issues solved for them already.

Summary

Do I need to get a different file zip of UBB Classic 6.7.2 and re-install on my unix server of my new host? Or can I just simply move my current board if they are compatible to just move.

I know that Invision Power Board is NOT compatible ( I have a site that runs on that make of software as well) to just move like this. My hopes are that UBB Classic is easy to just move with DNS change over - even if its a unix server and the current installation is on a Win-server!