Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
I'm having a problem with the cache versions of my portal boxes - specifically, Who's Online and Forum Statistics. All of my portal boxes are built into the template, so they're technically external. I've got Always Build checked on each one, and if I clear the cache manually it seems to fix it. But they never seem to update themselves.

Who's Online is currently stuck saying "1 registered (Jamin) and 0 anonymous users online" even when the forum index shows several people currently viewing various forums. And the Forum Statistics still says 539 total members, when the Newest Members box says 546. So I'm guessing the Newest Members box is working fine, since it's always correct. Dunno why the other two aren't working.

All the files in the /cache folder are CHMOD'd to 666 (the folder itself is 777), and if I try to change the CHMOD manually through FTP, I get the error "550 Could not change perms on whatever file: Bad file descriptor."

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

http://se7enet.com/forums/ubbthreads.php is my URL, if you need to look at it.

---Jamin

Last edited by Rick; 10/24/2006 1:45 PM.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, if they aren't even changing when you clear the cache manually that's a bit strange. Try this, delete those files from your cache completely and rebuild the cache. If it doesn't change in your side template then open up the files in the cache directory directly and take a look at them.

It almost sounds like the template you have them in is caching just one copy and not updating for some reason.

J
J Offline
They were changing when I cleared the cache manually. They just weren't changing under normal circumstances.

I've deleted the files and rebuilt the cache, so I guess I'll have to wait awhile and see if they're still stuck at their current values. Thanks Rick. smile

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ahh, I must have misread that, I thought clearing the cache wasn't fixing the either. If it continues, let me know. It could be a problem in the code that's not rebuilding the cache as it should for those that are used externally.

J
J Offline
They're definitely still stuck. The New Users one is fine - I've got a new registration since yesterday and it is updated correctly. But none of the others are updated. Who's Online and Forum Stats are stuck where they were when I flushed the cache yesterday.

---Jamin

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It very well could be the "always build" isn't always building for some of them. Before I go poking around on your server I'll need to see if there is a bug in the base code.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I had someone join about 6 hours ago, and she's still not listed under Newest Members. confused I don't recall seeing any cache time options for Newest Members -- when should it update?

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Okay, what I just said above is true: That person who signed up yesterday, over 24 hours ago, did not appear on Newest Members until a few minutes ago, after someone else signed up.

A Bug?

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, will have to look at that. The newest members doesn't have a cache timer, it's supposed to just be updated any time someone registers.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Definitely a bug with the always_build option. Not necessary an easy fix, but will get this fixed for 7.0.1. Also, moving this into the bugs forum.

J
J Offline
Good to know it's a bug and I didn't just screw something up. I was afraid there was some CRON job that I was supposed to set up, and that I was just retarded for not knowing that.

---Jamin

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29