Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
Hello Everyone...

I am gearing up for an install and import of UBB.Classic 6.7.3. I did the install and got that base UBB.THREADS install working OK.

Then I just ran the import script and it looks to have imported most members (?) and about 1/3 of the forums. As I watch the script run I see it hits some errors when doing members but continues on. And then later on hits some errors doing forums. It creates the forums, but not any of the content. It stops on 18/40 forums imported.

#############
Importing threads from UBB.classicâ„¢ Forum number 25, 18 of 40 total to be imported.

Continuing the import of "oxymoarons"
Importing ""science"" (65 replies)

Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.html-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\WEB SITES\YSTHREADS\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\WEB SITES\YSTHREADS\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\WEB SITES\YSTHREADS\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1087
###########################

Here is the final screen it leaves me with. Any ideas? Pretty Please - Anyone?

T
T Offline
I Googled and found an old post and found this:
###########
Ok, it's actually hiding the real error due to a bug in the importer. I just discovered this on an import I did today as well, and fixing up the importer now so it will show the real error. In the meantime, you can edit the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php file. Around line 804, you'll see a block of code that looks like this:

$smarty->assign("stylesheet",$stylesheet);
$smarty->assign("error",$error);
echo $smarty->fetch("not_right_bare.tpl");

Right after that, add this:

echo "THE ERROR IS:<br><br><b>$error</b><br><br>";

Once that's done then reload the page and you'll see the actual error in bold. A long way to go to get it, but once we get that, then we can see exactly what's going on.

Pear isn't actually needed, it's just referenced as it's in the current include path for PHP.

My first guess is that if you are running mysql 5, then it's currently running in strict mode and there is something about that user where it's trying to input a null value. If that ends up being the case, then you can quickly fix that by running the following SQL command:

SET GLOBAL SQL_MODE='';
###############

I added the line to see the error and I also, for the hell of it ran the SQL command since it fixed this guys problem as well. I will give it a go and see what happens.

After I run the SQL command, is there anything I need to do to commit it, Or does it just take right away?

Travis

T
T Offline
Here is what inserting show me the error gave me....

#################
THE ERROR IS:

Script: C:\WEB SITES\YSTHREADS\importers\classic_import.php
Line#: 1277
SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away
Please verify that your MySQL server is running
SQL Error #: 2006
Query: INSERT INTO ubbt_POSTS (POST_PARENT_ID,TOPIC_ID,POST_IS_TOPIC,POST_POSTED_TIME,POST_POSTER_IP,POST_SUBJECT,POST_BODY,POST_DEFAULT_BODY, POST_ICON,POST_IS_MEMBER_POST,USER_ID,POST_ADD_SIGNATURE) VALUES ( '34978' , '821' , '0' , '1115831760' , '24.34.66.23' , 'Re: \"science\"' , 'can i be 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679...
########

However instead of the three ... above it is about 10 pages or so of numbers then end with:

##########
\n\nwitch is pi to 1 millon digets' , 'book.gif' , '1' , '370' , '1' )
###########

T
T Offline
OK....I found a post where one user decided to enter Pi out to about 8 pages worth of scrolling - fun. I deleted the post, dropped the database, recereated the database, ran the isntall again, and am trying the import again.

Will post my results back....

T
T Offline
OK - got past that one, ran into another one:

THE ERROR IS:

Script: C:\WEB SITES\YSTHREADS\importers\classic_import.php
Line#: 1277
Please verify that your MySQL server is running
SQL Error #: 2006
Query: INSERT INTO ubbt_POSTS (POST_PARENT_ID,TOPIC_ID,POST_IS_TOPIC,POST_POSTED_TIME,POST_POSTER_IP,POST_SUBJECT,POST_BODY,POST_DEFAULT_BODY, POST_ICON,POST_IS_MEMBER_POST,USER_ID,POST_ADD_SIGNATURE) VALUES ( 0 , '915' , '0' , '1160579520' , '76.177.197.197' , 'Re: Fabric Art' , '.................................................................................................................................................................................... ....................................................................................................................................................................................

nad it goes on for pages and pages too. Deleted the post. And trying again.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Good luck, I've went down this road many times smile

Are your php and mysql installs up to speed? Version 5+ for both is highly recommended. smile

I ran the member rebuilds and topic rebuilds prior to importing, just to be sure.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It looks like it's all revolving around this error:

Either the MySQL server is dying, or the connection is being lost for some reason. Is this your own server or a hosted server?

T
T Offline
OK - after removing those three really long posts the importer completed. So far so good. It took a few hours to run as the UBB classic I was importing from has about 80,000 posts. I will have to go through it pretty well to see if all of the settings came over as well.

Travis

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Agree with Rick, sounds like the mysql server or connection was dying - could have been the larger posts, but it powered through my larger posts and I had some hundreds of pages long.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ruben, Slaz, ahmed047, 1 invisible), 667 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29