Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#217094 09/18/2008 2:39 AM
F
F Offline
Yes, sorry, it's me again. It seems I have some table woes. I got this error message:

"We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/mysite/public_html/ubbthreads/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 44
SQL Error: Table 'mysite_threads.ubbt_PERMISSION_LIST' doesn't exist
SQL Error #: 1146
Query: select PERMISSION_NAME,PERMISSION_IS_HIGH,PERMISSION_IS_LOW,PERMISSION_TYPE from ubbt_PERMISSION_LIST"

Okay, so I log into MySQL and I tell it to check the database and sure enough there is no PERMISSION_LIST table. Most of the existing tables have "OK" next to them, but "_ONLINE" and "_TOPIC_VIEWS" have an error message that says:"error : The handler for the table doesn't support check" so I clicked "repair" but the same two tables have error messages again, but this time the message says ""the handler doesn't support repair"

So then I logged into phpMyAdmin

The _PERMISSION_LIST isn't there, as expected, but _ONLINE and _TOPIC_VIEWS are there, but differ from the other tables, which all have sizes that range from 1.0 KiB to 24.8 KiB, but _ONLINE and _TOPIC_VIEWS have "0 B" as the size and instead of "MYISAM" as type, they have HEAP.

I don't know if any other tables are missing, but the database as it stands now with _PERMISSION_LIST missing, is 56 tables. If you can tell me what values to put in for size, I'm sure I can fix the two tables and add the permission list one, but I gotta tell ya, boys, this is a lot more techie than I ever thought I'd have to be laugh

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
What version are you running?

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
F
F Offline
If you mean what version of mySQL, it's version 4.0.25-standard, if you mean version of Threads, it's the most current one downloaded from the members area. If you mean the version of UBB Classic, I have 6.7.1

Let me edit to add a couple of things. This is a board I use to test upgrades. Anytime UBB came out with an upgrade for the classic board, I'd try it on this board first. My actual board is quite big. It has 5000 members 28,000 threads and about 215,000 posts. However, since Threads is not an upgrade per se, rather a change to a different format, one that I could upload, but would not affect my classic board, I went ahead and uploaded Threads and imported my forums to it without a hitch. It took about 7 hours to import all that, but it worked laugh

Needless to say my real board is on a different site host and a high bandwidth server and so there was no problem with the database or tables. So currently my old classic board is still running while I customize the new Threads board. It may not be possible to get my test board imported to Threads, which is disappointing since I do like to test upgrades there, but for the time being, my actual functioning public board still works while I'm tinkering with the Threads board version.

Last edited by flyboy105; 09/24/2008 11:41 AM. Reason: additional info
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
the ONLINE and TOPIC_VIEWS table are memory or HEAP tables, so they can't and don't need to be repaired, so that's normal. As for the PERMISSION_LIST table, that sounds like something went wrong during the install and it didn't get created.

It's actually just more than a table that needs creating, it has a bunch of rows that need to be inserted as well, so we can't really post it here.

So either the install went wrong, or the install was from an older version, maybe 7.2.x. To verify, check for a few other tables, ubbt_SITE_PERMISSIONS, ubbt_FORUM_PERMISSIONS, ubbt_CP_PERMISSIONS. If those don't exist either then it sounds like an older version was installed.

If those do exist I'd do a reinstall, and then look carefully at the createtable portion for any errors concerning the PERMISSION_LIST table.

Rick #217288 09/24/2008 7:11 PM
F
F Offline
Oh, I definitely downloaded the latest version of threads from the Members Area. Like I said just above your post that everything worked on my main board, which is on a different site. Here's what I posted in the SQL error thread:

UBB Message We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: Too big column length for column 'BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead
SQL Error #: 1074
Query: CREATE TABLE ubbt_BBCODE ( BBCODE_ID int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment, BBCODE_MENU_SHOW tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', BBCODE_ENABLE tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', BBCODE_DESCRIPTION varchar(128) default NULL, BBCODE_MENU_PROMPT varchar(128) default NULL, BBCODE_TAG varchar(64) default NULL, BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX varchar(256) default NULL, BBCODE_MARKUP_RESULT varchar(2048) default NULL, BBCODE_MENU_ORDER int(4) NOT NULL default '0', UNIQUE KEY BBCODE_ndx (BBCODE_ID,BBCODE_ENABLE) ) TYPE=MyISAM

56 tables were created and nothing with "BBCODE" exists.
_ONLINE and _TOPIC_VIEWS have "HEAP" rather than MyISAM in the "type" column and I believe there's supposed to be some type of Permissions table which wasn't created either.

Tech support at my site host was no help, this is the email they sent to me:

"Hi, I'm afraid we can't really help with third party applications. We can't troubleshoot their program. If you are looking for any standard bb/forum system, there are at least two that you can install easily from the Fantastico section of your Dashboard, with much less hassle."

As you can see, I don't think this is going to work out. Not on that site anyway.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Looks like an issue with the version of MySQL they are running not liking the length of some of the fields in that table. I'll need to change the base code so this doesn't happen. What you can do is change two lines. In the createtable.php script look for these 2 lines:

BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX varchar(256) default NULL,
BBCODE_MARKUP_RESULT varchar(2048) default NULL,

change those, to this:

BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX text,
BBCODE_MARKUP_RESULT text,

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 810 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29