Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
enthusiast
enthusiast
I created a new db and successfully created all tables.
And I clicked /install/upgrade.php , it shows
"This upgrade has been completed. Please remove the entire install directory"

I haven't pointed my old db and run any altertable scripts , why it shows upgrade completed ??

What's the correct steps to upgrade from 7.2.2 to 7.3.1 ?

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You'll want to follow this guide.

You don't need to create tables unless you're doing a new install. It sounds like you've chosen the New Install route, since you said it created all tables, which is why it's showing upgrade complete.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In the Peforming the Upgrade document , step 5 :

Code
Upload all files and directories from the 
unzipped UBB.threads™ directory to the 
UBB.threads™ installation directory
Does it mean "overwrite" all files in the (7.2.2) directory ?

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Veteran
Veteran
Yes BUT.....

It mentions file that you DO NOT UPLOAD if doing an upgrade. Completely read ALL the instructions first before doing anything just to make sure you understand the instructions.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Hi,
I've got a question related to this topic.
I have tried to upgrade from 7.2.2. to 7.3.1. two times now, each time I get stuck at the first 'Check Files' screen. I have followed the instructions and overwritten all necessary files, checked the permissions,.. I keep getting the 'Check files' button confused

Any idea what can be wrong?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
I have found this similar problem. But I don't see any url in my config file, without the 'www'..

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Is it telling you that there are files that need to be removed or updated at all?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
It displays 2 lists, one with new files and one with changed files. No removed files.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You might want to double check the files you are uploading that is in that list. In the top section, you see where it has 2 lines:

// Ultimate Bulletin Board
// Script Version 7.x.x

Since you are upgrading to 7.3.1, you'll want to make sure the 7.x.x says 7.3.1

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
So, the lists are files that should be there, or are there at that moment?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The list of files, are one's that should be there. There are 3 sections. New, Changed, and Removed.

New Files: These are ones that didn't exist in the previous version and need to be uploaded.

Changed Files: These are files that did exist in the previous version but have been altered in the new version so need to be replaced.

Removed Files: These are files that are no longer needed in the new version and need to be removed.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
In the top section, it says:
-=-=-= ALL VERSIONS =-=-=-
You should never overwrite any files within your includes, styles or the cache_builders/custom directories unless specifically asked to do so.
-=-=-= 7.3 =-=-=-
The default styles for popup_coontent_header and popup_content may not match the rest of your stylesheet settings, you'll want to check and modify both of these classes as needed.
-=-=-= 7.2 =-=-=-
The altertable process may take awhile to finish depending on how large your forum is.

Several new directories need full write permissions. tmp/ , gallery/ , gallery/default/full , gallery/default/medium and gallery/default/thumbs all need full write permissions.

3 images exist as well. If you are using custom image sets you'll want to copy these images over.
general/default/newimages.gif
general/default/nonewimages.gif
general/icons/image.gif

new classes added to the Forum Summary Properties area. This will allow you to alternate the row colors on the topic list screen. It will also allow you to highlight rows that contain new posts by using the new classes.
new class added to Category/Forum Properties. .forum_extras, allows you to control the propeties of the list of moderators and subforums on the cfrm page.
new class added to the Post Properties. author-content, allows you to control the properties of the cell that holds the information on the author of a post.
-=-=-= 7.1 =-=-=-
3 new CSS classes have been added, .newtotal, .popup_content and .post-buttons. Also, a new image set, moods, was added. You'll want to edit each of your stylesheets and specify the settings for each of these. .newtotal is specified under Category/Forum Properties. .popup_content is specified under Misc. Properites. .post-buttons is specified under Post Properties. The mood images are set under Name, Images & Wrapper.

I'm checking all the files now - all seems to be ok but I'll continue to the end.
What if all files are ok?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If all the files are ok, then we'll probably need a support ticket. I'd probably recommend trying to upgrade to 7.4 however, instead of 7.3.1.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
My subscription has just expired a few days ago, so update to 7.4 is impossible. Is a support ticket possible with an expired subscription or should I just stop checking the files now and cancel the update? wink

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
All the files have been checked and are ok.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
confused

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Sorry about that, missed your reply. You can open a support ticket even if its 7.3.1.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 336 guests, and 162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29