Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
On the way to 7.4.1 - just upgraded my 6.4.4 installation to 6.5.5. Install went smoothly but we now get the following error whenever posting a new message, in all the forums. Doesn't seem to affect discussion functionality but something is amiss and I need to fix before moving to 7.4.1. I've had this installation for many years so I may have tweaked something but I don't remember. Any thoughts, suggestions ?? Thanks. By the way, this error msg appears at the top of the page above my custom forum header. It disappears after submitting the new post.
----------------------------------

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /usr/www/users/packlite/forums/newpost.php on line 402

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/packlite/forums/newpost.php:402) in /usr/www/users/packlite/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 141

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/packlite/forums/newpost.php:402) in /usr/www/users/packlite/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 361

Last edited by packlite; 12/12/2008 4:29 AM.
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by packlite
and I need to fix before moving to 7.4.1.

Well, actually, you don't.

7.4.x is an entirely new install that imports the forums/users from your 6.5.5 database, so the error is not in the way of the upgrade path.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
Originally Posted by packlite
and I need to fix before moving to 7.4.1.
Well, actually, you don't.

7.4.x is an entirely new install that imports the forums/users from your 6.5.5 database, so the error is not in the way of the upgrade path.
Thank you for responding. I still have this innate urge to fix the problem, but if no one posts a helping suggestion here, then I will fall back on your recommendation. Thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the warning is whining about an issue with your PHP configuration; and as it's being sent to the browser it's being sent prior to the header in the php script; hence the error.

Fix? Disble showing of errors to the browser or fix the issue in the php configuration...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Well, the warning is whining about an issue with your PHP configuration; and as it's being sent to the browser it's being sent prior to the header in the php script; hence the error.

Fix? Disble showing of errors to the browser or fix the issue in the php configuration...
Thanks Gizmo, How do I do that? Thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the disabling of errors would be via your php configuration (php.ini):
display_errors = Off

Likely you don't own your server and can't edit the contents of the php.ini; the appropriate .htaccess equivalent would be:
php_flag display_errors off

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Thanks-haven't tried it yet - but thanks smile

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Version 6 used a function in older versions of php that is deprecated. Doesn't matter, because the latest version of .threads, being newer, doesn't have the same thing.

You're seeing a warning from the newer version of php that essentially says "hey, don't do that anymore because soon it will not work." Still works for now, just throws an ugly warning. Well, yes, we know that. that's why version 7 doesn't do that anymore. smile

Options are to hide these warnings, as Gizzy instructed, or continue to upgrade, in which the issue is not longer an issue.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gizmo, Ruben, 1 invisible), 638 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29