Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
JimUK #221726 01/29/2009 3:09 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'd love for the nofollow link to be an option too, right now I have to go in an remove it, but if it defaulted to 'on' and was an option to be 'off' that would be cool smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
JimUK #221727 01/29/2009 3:18 PM
Originally Posted by jacampbe
What about an option for adding weekly recurring events in the calendar ?
That's a start but I don't think weekly even gets close if you are going to change adding calendar events.
If the calendar is going to be enhanced then you need to add everything somewhat like outlook does.
Attachments
calendar.GIF

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #221728 01/29/2009 3:49 PM
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
ability to remove/move all posts from a spammer in one go, instead of having to go through each post in turn.

Ian #221730 01/29/2009 3:54 PM
Ian you can do that now when you delete a member
you get the option on the next screen to leave them
in place or not wink

---

Last on line (Last Active) in the Users list smile
Its in the Who's on line but no where else.

Last on line is a Header, but you cant see where the result comes from, only that that member was online before that one.

Huge Hat's off for asking for options ( Feedback ) we like that Rick smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
I'd love for the nofollow link to be an option too, right now I have to go in an remove it, but if it defaulted to 'on' and was an option to be 'off' that would be cool smile
I don't get it.
I guess I really don't understand what you are talking about.

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221732 01/29/2009 3:57 PM
hyperlinks in a post or signature i guess,
stopping advertising i guess.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
JimUK #221737 01/29/2009 4:20 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeh, my recommendations are entitled "Gizmo's list of suggestions" in the suggestions forum tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Agree, I'd like to see a switch for "in posts" and "in user signatures" though... possibly even one for "user homepages"

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #221739 01/29/2009 4:23 PM
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Agree, I'd like to see a switch for "in posts" and "in user signatures" though... possibly even one for "user homepages"

I agree!!

gliderdad #221740 01/29/2009 4:29 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd like to see announcements handled like this on the category index clicky

Gizmo #221741 01/29/2009 4:32 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hmm, i had a demo of how i wanted to see "thank this post" work, but I can't find it lol... I'll look for it later, have a load to do.

Gizmo #221742 01/29/2009 4:35 PM
Yeh, my recommendations are entitled "Gizmo's list of suggestions" in the suggestions forum tongue
LOL
Gizmo you have not updated that list in a while.
You should be up to around 200.
He He He

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221747 01/29/2009 8:48 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Lol true, I so need to go strikethrough items that've been added... I'm like the unofficial idea guy tongue...

Gizmo #221779 01/31/2009 6:56 AM
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Add Security to Calendar. Certain Groups can see dates posted and other groups cannot..

It would be a great addition.

Happy Customer !!!
Rick #221781 01/31/2009 11:53 AM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Just remember that I am looking at small additions. I don't want to add anything major that will take too long. Would like to get 7.5 out so we can start working on 8.0.

Rick #221790 01/31/2009 3:43 PM
Ive been given a script for the most viewed Thread. (From Script keeper)

See it here http://www.audiotoolers.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html

with a little tweak it could behave as

This weeks most viewed Topics.
With it being locked down to X days then it wont
stand still. 7 days being from the date of creation?

PHP Code
/* PHP CODE HERE */

$notIn = '6';
$limit = 10;
$orderBy = 't.TOPIC_VIEWS';
$notIn = ($notIn) ? 'WHERE f.FORUM_ID NOT IN ('.$notIn.') ' : 'WHERE 1 ';

// First, let's get an HTML table started.. m'kay ?
$stuff  = '<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" border="0">';

// Set up the query
$query = "
SELECT t.TOPIC_SUBJECT, t.TOPIC_VIEWS, t.POST_ID
FROM {$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}TOPICS t,
{$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}POSTS p,
{$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}FORUMS f,
{$config['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS u
$notIn
AND t.FORUM_ID = f.FORUM_ID
AND t.TOPIC_IS_APPROVED = 1
AND t.TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID = p.POST_ID
AND t.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_ID = u.USER_ID
ORDER BY $orderBy DESC
LIMIT $limit
";
$sth = $dbh->do_query($query,__LINE__,__FILE__);
$innerds = '';
$rowNum = 0;
while(list($pSubj,$tViews,$tPostID) = $dbh->fetch_array($sth)) {
$count = $tViews;
$innerds  .= '<tr><td align=left style="border-bottom: 1px solid #202020;"><a href="'.$config['FULL_URL'].'/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number='.$tPostID.'">'.$pSubj.'</a></td>
<td align=right valign=top style="border-bottom: 1px solid #202020;">'.$count.'</td></tr>';
$rowNum++;
}
$stuff .= $innerds.'</table>';

/* BODY HERE */
$body = <<<EOF
$stuff
EOF; 

Sir Dude put the above together so credits to him smile

So that could be a New Stock Custom island ?
Just an idea as your looking for something quick.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Mark S #221791 01/31/2009 3:44 PM
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
ah yes, i remember that one smile

the variable $innerds gave it a way laugh

SD #221804 01/31/2009 9:24 PM
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
For 7.5, something that could be made that wouldn't get lost later on is a PM permission overhaul.

You already added the max topic size. At my board I hacked that in, and also a max. topic age. If the PT is 3 months old, you cannot reply in it anymore.

Next thing on my to-do is to not allow replies in topics where it's just you in the topic.

To keep things current, and not to be an archive, the next step after that would be to turn of sending PM's for anyone that has PT's that haven't gotten a reply in a year to force them to clean up.

Also my earlier request to impose limits to the actual owner of the PM box, instead of the people sending to that BOX would make any limit scheme a lot easier to code and maintain in the future.

And another small feature request, the e-mail PM could be enhanced. Include the subject, and also make the function available from within the PM. It's nice when you are reading the actual PM to be able to "delete/mail it" it on the spot.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #221805 01/31/2009 9:29 PM
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Second suggestion which I'm not sure if it's too big for 7.5 or not, is a poll overhaul. It's irritating that have to hit a vote button for each question you add to a post.

I liked the 6.5.x way *A LOT* more! One post, multiple questions, one submit button. Actually shouldn't be to much work, it's just the voting screen that's need adjusting and the vote processing to process more questions and to reject non-complete votes.

Part of the poll overhaul could be to store both the USER_ID plus the IP address of a voter in the database.

Now it's a shared field, with just IP adresses of anonymous users, but to detect double votes from users, I would sometimes like to check on the IP address of the votees.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #221806 01/31/2009 9:50 PM
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
I made a "karma" hack way back in the day... and have been slowly working on one for 7.x. My time is extremely limited nowadays compared to what it used to be, so if you guys want to make it an official feature, I wouldn't complain! wink

What I'm trying to do with this one is have it so there is a +/- link (of sorts) with each post. One link to say it's a good post, another to say it's garbage. This will build up, or knock down, people's "karma points." The number of points a member's karma click of a post would give or take away would be set by group. Also, a group may only give a karma click to any given post once (first come, first serve) with the exception of administrators and moderators. This could be permissions-based too for any group. Finally, the reason I want to do this at all, this would be tied in to automatic promotions. Once reaching a predetermined number of points, a member will be promoted to the next group, and vice-verse if their points drop. I have never been one to award titles or ranking completely based on post count -- I'm more of a "quality" person, and this is the perfect solution.

Anyway, I know it reads like a lot, but it's a simple mod that can be finished in less than a full day's of work I'm sure.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Allow replies to global announcements when the admin wishes to get replies to a post rather than having to link to a separate post.

Rick #221826 02/01/2009 4:13 PM
Originally Posted by Rick
Just remember that I am looking at small additions. I don't want to add anything major that will take too long. Would like to get 7.5 out so we can start working on 8.0.
Another loaded statement. Not knowing what is not major. grin
But anyway.
I think you moved my post can't find it now so I will repeat.
Maybe add some canned mysql commands in the control panel that you are constantly asked for.
Add a restore mysql database in the control panel.
Add the multiple identity check.

Here is another one that was orphaned when the topic was moved. There was at least one reply by Mark
When browsing to the forum summary page the newpost.gif indicates unread posts in each forum.
When you open the forum and view only one of many new posts then browse to another forum. The indicator shows all posts read(nonewposts.gif) for that forum. Even though all new posts have not been read.
I know this is not a bug but I think it is a design flaw that leads to many missed posts. Causing members to add bump posts to bring attention to their topic.
I would prefer to have the newposts.gif to always appear in the summary page when there are unread posts or replies in a forum. A user can always use the "mark all as read" option.

Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 02/01/2009 4:31 PM. Reason: added comment

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221830 02/01/2009 6:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by Ruben Rocha

I think this was asked for more then once. Code was all ready written, used, works, and been around a long time. Not like it would be hard to make it a part of the message board as a standard release.

I had used it in the past but like others I got tired of hacking it into all the new releases and gave up on it as well as many other features that are on UBBDev and been used for quite some time.

JAISP #221831 02/01/2009 6:12 PM
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
I would agree, probably one of only two hacks I have to add from dev besides the one adding the how many posts made in 24 hour one.

Ian #221832 02/01/2009 6:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ian
Allow replies to global announcements when the admin wishes to get replies to a post rather than having to link to a separate post.

O i forgot about that one i agree, this is why i never use Global Announcements, its daft linking to another thread.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Mark S #221838 02/01/2009 7:05 PM
I'll have to admit I don't use global announcements very often.
But when I do. It usually has to do with changes such as upgrades
or changes which makes it necessary to make "a reply to thread" to link to, so someone can respond.

So I agree on this.

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221843 02/01/2009 7:31 PM
I know I have been beatup on this before.
But how about a undo feature when upgrading.
So if you upgrade and something goes amiss you can undo the changes and revert back to the older version so at least the board still functions till the issues are resolved.

Blue Man Group
Ian #221847 02/01/2009 8:00 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Ian
I like

Gizmo #221856 02/02/2009 2:09 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd love to see the Show the Last Online Time in Profile mod added tongue...

JAISP #221866 02/02/2009 12:49 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Originally Posted by Thelockman
Originally Posted by Ruben Rocha

I think this was asked for more then once. Code was all ready written, used, works, and been around a long time. Not like it would be hard to make it a part of the message board as a standard release.

I had used it in the past but like others I got tired of hacking it into all the new releases and gave up on it as well as many other features that are on UBBDev and been used for quite some time.

This will be getting in for 7.5 and these are the types of things I want to get added. Basically I don't want to add anything that requires a bunch of rewriting of what's already there. I'm just looking for some things to add over the next couple weeks.

For example, replying to Global Announcements. This one will have to wait for 8.0. The way we handle Global announcements right now doesn't allow for replies without some major rewriting.

Another example is Mark's suggestion on the new post tracking. I have some ideas how to make this much better, but again it's some major rewriting of how we handle it now, so it's an 8.0 thing not a 7.5 thing wink

7.5 = things that can be added without having to rework too much existing code, since more than likely it will have to be redone again for 8.0.

Rick #221878 02/02/2009 1:31 PM
I have what I think is a simple one. In the permissions system I'd like to have an option in the CP permissions section to toggle the CP link display. None of my mods can do anything with the site, so I have to modify the CP link with every upgrade because they don't want to see it.

Then at some future point in time I'd like to selectively be able to give mods access to areas of the CP.

Chosen #221885 02/02/2009 2:21 PM
How about cleaning up the registration form.
If you have optional registration fields enabled.
You get two submit buttons.
One on the required fields form and one on the optional fields form.
That confuses new people because they think they have to select both of them. And of course they can't.

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221889 02/02/2009 2:35 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
How about a method of completely disabling the calendar from the CP? It'd hide the calendar link, and not show any links in the calendar sidebar and while trying to view the calendar page it'll say you're a bad monkey and that it's been disabled by the forum gods...

Gizmo #221893 02/02/2009 2:40 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I like that idea Gizmo

Gizmo #221897 02/02/2009 2:53 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
How about a method of completely disabling the calendar from the CP? It'd hide the calendar link, and not show any links in the calendar sidebar and while trying to view the calendar page it'll say you're a bad monkey and that it's been disabled by the forum gods...

Put that in yesterday, just haven't updated the changelog yet wink

Rick #221899 02/02/2009 3:03 PM
So does that mean the error message on the calendar will be.
you're a bad monkey and that it's been disabled by the forum gods...
grin

Blue Man Group
Ruben #221940 02/03/2009 4:21 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Oh, I hope so tongue...

Gizmo #221950 02/03/2009 12:54 PM
journeyman
journeyman
The calendar on the portal page shows a small calendar. I would prefer to show a list of the upcoming events rather than a calendar. If not added to the feature list, perhaps someone could post the sql query for me and I'll add it to a portal box myself? Thanks.

Fishtails #221955 02/03/2009 3:33 PM
Birthday Island

How about
Birthdays

Todays +
Next 7 days ( Give peeps a chance to save for that pressy )

its quick, its cheap
and it may just work lol

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Mark S #221958 02/03/2009 4:45 PM
Here should be a very simple change.
Add alt text to the icons that appear next to the user name:
for the admins and moderators.
newbies don't know what they mean.
I think most all of the other items such as watched topics,sticky topics, etc have them already but there probably are a couple others missing somewhere.

Blue Man Group
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29