Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I'll start off saying I am dumb as a rock with this technical stuff but it can't be as difficult as it is for me. So here are some questions...

I noticed in a topic a very comprehensive list of search spiders. On my UBB I only saw 4 or 5 total in the list. Was it ok to take that comprehensive list and cut and paste it into that area? I am assuming this would allow those search spiders to find the board and do whatever it is they do and it would help get the site more noticeable somehow?

Second question is on the custom islands it listed where to put text and I tried it but it didn't work, here is what I put in as my text and how it looks on my CP

/* PHP CODE HERE, IF NECESSARY */

/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF

RaiseandFold Poker Room is giving all players 40% Rakeback automatically. Rakeback is paid every Monday directly into your player account. For every $100 you pay into rake you receive $40 of it back. Earning reports are e-mailed to you every Monday along with your pay.

EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */

I made sure that the forum I wanted this to show on was showing as "1" so it would show to everyone.

So obviously I didn't do something right and I get a bit frustrated and turned off by the process because I know it has to be easy but yet I am a dumba$$ when it comes to it.

: (

I am sure there's a lot of cool features I could use on my sports forum but patience isn't one of my virtues.

Thanks for any and all replies even if you call me a dumba$$ it's ok, because I feel like one. frown

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the spider list is just to identify spiders in the Who's Online page (otherwise they show as "guests"); updating this list will do nothing to alert spiders of your forum (though my UBB.SiteMaps modification will aid in feeding urls to search engines that support sitemaps).

As for the CI, your code looks fine, if you're setting this up to be a post island (inbetween the first and second post) you'll need to make sure that the group permission to see the ad in each forum is also set to 1

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Just to wrap up the post..

He wanted to enable the custom island in between 1st and 2nd post.

so I'll summarize to make the thread complete.

1. create a custom island (maybe text like above + some banner code)
2. forum permissions "Must view ad island" set to 1 for each group that should see it
3. forum settings -- custom insert -- pull down to the custom island created.. save settings.

Bam.. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nightcrawler, Outdoorking, Ruben, 1 invisible), 867 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29