Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
I wish to change the name of the file manager link (when making a new post), to "photo uploader", but can't find where the .php page, or template is to edit it. I want to change the popup box also to include some text instructions. an you point me in the right direction? v.7.5.6

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You can go into the control panel, language editor and search for that text and you can modify it there.

I dont that also included the max file upload size in kb becuase when it would error about an over size file it would say the answer in kb and confuse most.

as rick says its in the language file smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
It's not visible in the language editor, the only thing there is the reference to the app_name. I am a little surprised the only replies I got were speculative. You must know I tried looking there first, before posting...

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
yes it is visible in the language editor.

newreply.tpl references {$lang.FILE_MANAGER} (smarty for the 'FILE_MANAGER' wordlet)

that comes from generic.php (language file)

Change that to your desired string and the result is:

[Linked Image from sirdude.com]

maybe like that

-- then to change the text for the popup box --

you would edit two files:

1. templates/default/filemanager.tpl for anything structural
2. languages/english/filemanager.php for any wordlet changes or any _added_ wordlets that you reference from filemanager.tpl

for example, i add some help text to better walk peeps thru the uploading process that isn't already there smile

all those changes can be done via the Control Panel language / template editors _or_ you can edit them locally on your PC and upload to appropriate dirs. your choice wink

R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Wow, thank you so much, my apologies if my reply was offensive to anyone. I was just venting my frustration. Cheers for that. I have edited the link so it now says Photo Uploader, but would it be possible for someone to walk me thru adding instructional text to the popup box? I am not sure how to create the space, or edit any available space to enter the text.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
well, i think you are asking to have some text ( help text ) entered when the user _first_ gets the box to popup.

ie: when there is no files yet added.

so, if you look @ the filemanager.tpl file you will see a smarty {if...} statement for various conditions with {else}

you will notice specificically {elseif !$files} ( basically if NOT any files )

that is the case when there are not yet any files and probably where you would put your 'help text'

so maybe just before {$lang.NO_FILES} line, you could put for example:

HTML
<div class="fm-help">
Hi there earthling. This is some very useful help text that<br />
will guide you thru the maze of uploading a picture<br />
bla bla bla and visit sirdude.com, because he likes pink bunnies!
</div>

you can try that and you will see the result. that should be a starting point and you can ask questions to further refine it smile

note: i put class="fm-help", so you can style that in your Extra CSS portion of your style(s) to maybe give it a different css look/feel from other text. make it more 'helpy' wink

R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Wow, you are the man. Thank you so much. Your explanation was perfect and concise. I am such a noobie. That was my very first customization. Has anyone ever written a guide to the UBBThreads language? If so, could you point me to it please? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but it doesn't look like any specific code I have worked with before. (preparing for a DUH! moment)

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i've written some tutorials that explain various aspects of ubbthreads 7.5.x on my site ( http://sirdude.com )

i have many more in the hopper, but am slow @ writing them lately smile

R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Yes, I read thru those. Very helpful. My next 2 jobs are to integrate the login with CCbill, so that when the subscriber logs in using the popup box (.htaccess .htpasswd), he is logged into the site as well, instead of having to login twice. And make an "always stay logged in" button-function, and a "Log Out" button-function...

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i did that for a customer awhile back. you'll need to modify ubbthreads.php and you'll be good to go smile

R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Ya big tease...LOL

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29