Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#252162 02/01/2013 2:46 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
I have searched high and low and maybe I have just overlooked it but can someone refresh my memory on this.

I want to make the board members only, meaning they have to log in to view the board. Visitors will need to create an account.

I've set it this way before and now just don't remember how and can't find the right place to set it up again.

Thanks

FREAK #252163 02/01/2013 2:55 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
I forgot this is for version 7.5.5

Thanks again.

FREAK #252164 02/01/2013 2:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay this means editing several files to completely close it but.
You can start with the permissions and disable guests meaning set to 0 for forums and site permissions.
Then you want to edit the regonly value starting with ubbthreads.php.

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...e_How_do_I_make_the_entire_UB#Post238395


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
FREAK #252165 02/01/2013 3:08 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Ruben do I have to change every single topic to 0 in the forum permissions or is there just one area that will do it in just 1 step?

Thanks

FREAK #252166 02/01/2013 3:22 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
I guess it doesn't matter now, I went in each topic but the Welcome and turned guests to zero.

This is the url http://www.freaksforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

Also I was wonders if there was a way to make the url shorter after the .com portion, that's a pretty long one.

I am guessing it can't be done. But I have no clue on such things.

Thanks again for the assistance.

FREAK #252167 02/01/2013 3:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
The url could be http://www.freaksforum.com in your case.
Or it could be http://www.freaksforum.com/forum.
In the first case that would be a redirect via your host control panel or via a htaccess file.
The second case should work but it appears you are missing the index.php file that came with the install, or you don't have it as a default again that would be in your host control panel.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
FREAK #252168 02/01/2013 3:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I took another peek.
I see what you changed but just a fyi.
If I select active topics it still displays forums.
again that would be a manual edit to the scripts.
activetopics.inc to start with.

Also I see that index.html is a default page but not index.php.
So to shorten your url you would need to access your host cp or create a .htaccess file.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)