Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Today I was in process of moving members from one group to another so I can delete the groups we are no longer using. When page refreshed, it said I don’t have permissions. I still show as ADMN but lost access to all but one control panel function. See attached image to what I am limited to:
Attachments
A2477DFE-8A29-41C3-BB86-DDFF3A5AC1ED.png

Last edited by Geoff; 01/09/2018 11:54 AM. Reason: Changed Subject to include Locked out of CP

I am a Superstar! Testing signature here
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL still shows Administrator

Should I delete the record for me found in:
ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS
with CACHED_TIMESTAMP 15515511393

CP_PERMISSIONS are
a:1:{s:13:”APPROVE_POSTS”;i:1;}

That is a odd wacked out time.
Unix time says it is
08/31/2461 @ 4:16pm
I would use the clear cache in the cp first and see if it rebuilds everything..

Last edited by Ruben; 01/09/2018 4:13 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You're going to need to restore from backups if you hosed your permissions, as this is a permission matrix required for forum functionality.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The default groups which should never be deleted (i dont think its even possible to delete them) are the first 5. Which are titled as follows:
Group 1 - Administrators
Group 2 - GlobalModerators
Group 3 - Moderators
Group 4 - Users
Group 5 - Guests

--

You could try the following route, but without knowing which main account groups you've changed / deleted, all I can offer is a guess in to where to begin troubleshooting. Especially since you haven't mentioned about having a backup to compare with.

Assuming that your account number is "2", and your table prefix begins with "ubbt_", manually or from with your phpMyAdmin, update your account USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL to "Administrator"

UPDATE ubb_forum.ubbt_USERS
SET USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL = "Administrator"
WHERE USER_ID = "2"

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Never thought about anyone attempting to delete the primary default groups.
I don't know how you would do that without database diving.

Blue Man Group
Makes me leery when I hear
Originally Posted by Geoff
USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL still shows Administrator

Should I delete the record for me found in:
ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS
with CACHED_TIMESTAMP 15515511393

CP_PERMISSIONS are
a:1:{s:13:”APPROVE_POSTS”;i:1;}

You should never edit the database unless you know exactly what you are doing.
And then do it with caution.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Editing the database at all is not recommended or supported; the only tools that are supported are those which exist in the control panel.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
It was a group I added that I used the Group CP tool to move users from that group to default USER group and nothing that was original to UBB. I have not deleted the group I created. It was being used as the default group for new registrations and I wanted to stop using it and thought I had to move them out before I deleted the group I created in the CP.

I only hosed my user id access to the cp for some reason. I have not heard anything about other users. I still have access as a user with the one CP access seen in picture. I have not manually adjusted any db data as of yet besides changing issac to Administrator in ubbt_USER so he could poke around as I don’t have access theough the CP.

At this point I don’t think it has affected anyone but me. I will look for the db back up and attempt to replace db with it. Will be a first for me.

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I really do not think I hosed the permissions for the board as I did not do anything to the DB itself. It happened right after using the CP as I described above. Only my Id and suspect the cached permissions as it is one of only couple in that table. Again, I have not made changes directly to the board besides changing Issac to Administrator in the ubbt_USER table.

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Originally Posted by isaac
Assuming that your account number is "2", and your table prefix begins with "ubbt_", manually or from with your phpMyAdmin, update your account USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL to "Administrator"

UPDATE ubb_forum.ubbt_USERS
SET USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL = "Administrator"
WHERE USER_ID = "2"

Sorry. Misspelled your name in posts above. Can you see if you have admn access in our CP before I restore db from a backup.

I looked at the USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL directly using phpMyAdmin and it says Administrator already.

Last edited by Geoff; 01/09/2018 10:05 PM. Reason: Note to Isaac to check admn access to out board

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I have also preformed the same procedure several times in the UBB CP moving a group of people from one group to another without issue in past. It is like it over wrote a record for my permissions somewhere else besides the USER table. What other table record would have priority?

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I still suspect the ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONAS. Attached are print outs from the tables from 1/8 (pre issue) and 1/10. I am dragging my feet on restoring from the 1/8 back up as I am worried when I perform this action again in the control panel, I will have the same issue and want to help here before it happens again.

The other two with "APPROVE__POSTS" are my two GlobalModerators. As you see, these also changed after I performed the Group move in UBB CP.
Attachments
Attached PDF document
Attached PDF document
ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS-2018-01-10.pdf (46.44 KB, 24 downloads)

Last edited by Geoff; 01/10/2018 12:02 PM. Reason: Added info about user 41 and 1774

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The user groups table is ubbt_USER_GROUPS.

If you've somehow managed to remove your entry from the groups table, below should re-insert you as an administrator:
Code
INSERT INTO ubb_forum.ubbt_USER_GROUPS (USER_ID, GROUP_ID) VALUES ('2', '1');

ubb_forum would be your db, ubbt_ would be your table prefix, and '2' would be your user id.

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I was user 2 and had administration assigned to me.

I restored from backup today. I am going to set up a test site to replicate issue to share as should be measure in place to prevent what I did moving people from one user group to another. I ended up being in the group along with our other moderators and all of us were impacted and lost moderator and above functions.

If I can replicate in test site, I will have a before and after db for you to compare and video capture of steps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29