Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#262078 01/21/2019 8:55 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
With PHP 7 and MySQLi support, UBB.threads gets bumped up to version 7.7.0.

TOC / Overview
UBB.threads 7.7.0 Changelog
Upgrading To The Current Version of UBB.threads 7
Styles Included with UBB.threads 7
What To Do Next? / Discussion

UBB.threads 7.7.0 Changelog
UBB.threads 7.7.0 has been released and is now available to download in the Member Area.

Summary of Changes
[NEW] UBB.threads is now compatible with PHP 5.4 - PHP 7.3. thumbsup
[NEW] New MySQLi database connection library. The MySQL library has been deprecated.
[NEW] CP: WYSIWYG editor for composing HTML formatted email in the Mass Mailer
[NEW] CP: A forum Mailer has been added for sending out an email using your forum's email template, default forum style/theme, and forum email address. This new mailer can also be used for testing SMTP server issues directly.
[NEW] CP: Primary Settings has a new section for Advanced Mail Configuration settings. Here you can choose which Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) to use. Populate your SMTP server information with a designated server hostname, encryption type, and port. You can now also set multiple SMTP servers, and the sequence in which to use them in. From this section, you can also enter your DKIM information.
[NEW] CP: Member Editor will now display additional information of stored Member IP addresses. Using a GEO-IP lookup API, the Member's ISP and its general location is shown, and if their connection type was mobile or broadband.
[NEW] CP: Style Editor now allows styling of the Member Avatars. If you choose to use it, this property could be to set a border (solid, dashed, double, etc), the border size, and/or adjusting the border-radius for circular or just rounded corners for Member Avatars. This feature uses .avatar for members with avatars, and .avatar-none for members without avatars. When unset, the forum default avatars will not use borders, and will have a radius of 5px for all avatars.
[NEW] CP: A new "Can create portal news" forum permission has been added. This permission allows a group to create news items that will appear on the portal. This is useful when you have news content "Contributor" or "Editor" member groups.
[NEW] Members who can create portal news can now turn any topic in to a news item by selecting a News Icon as they create a new topic or edit a current topic post. Choosing a News Image will allow the topic to display on the forum's News Portal, regardless of it being within a News Forum. Note; topics with a news image will ignore user groups. Anyone will be able to read the topic post regardless of their current group permissions. Only the first post will be displayed on the forum News Portal. To read its replies or download its attachments, users must belong to a group which allows those permissions for which forum the post is located within.
[NEW] Several basic News Images are now included with UBB.threads. When creating your own News Images, the recommended size is a max-width and max-height of 100px. Regardless, your News Images should represent your forum's feel, and thus can also be styled using the .news-image CSS class. This class will style the html img tag.
[NEW] The Who's Online list will now mark and bold referrals that came from your previous UBB.threads Series 6 imports. This is in addition to how the Who's Online list already displays referrals from Image search engines.
[NEW] Followed/Unfollowed threads and forums are now represented with an icon that makes viewing and togging their status easier.
[NEW] Added TinyMCE version 4.9.2
[NEW] UBB.threads gets a style update with this release. The new style is simply named, UBBT77.

[UPDATE] CP: Executing a SQL Command (Database Tools) now displays your query and improved display of the affected row count.
[UPDATE] CP: Adding a New Member uses a more strict email address format criteria. This should reduce entries with user-error typos.
[UPDATE] CP: The Database SQL Command Tool page has been updated to provide more room for displaying your saved queries. Text links have also been replaced in favor of representative font icons.
[UPDATE] CP: Moderator Manager also received some minor presentation corrections and cleanup.
[UPDATE] CP: Styles list page has been updated. Style preview link is moved next to the style name. It now also displays the last time each style was edited in human-readable format, along with the UNIX timestamp on hover-over. Text links have been replaced in favor of representative font icons.
[UPDATE] CP: Member Subscriptions which are currently active, will now be bolded and displayed in green.
[UPDATE] The News Portal has been updated with a modern entry page layout.
[UPDATE] Minor layout optimizations to the Who's Online page.
[UPDATE] Updated Font Awesome library from 5.3.1 to version 5.6.3
[UPDATE] Updated PHPMailer library from 5.2.26 to version 5.2.27
[UPDATE] Updated Smarty library from 3.1.32 to version 3.1.33
[UPDATE] When debugging is enabled, forum footer now also displays the PHP version.
[UPDATE] Removed the 2.x backwards compatibility from the Smarty library. This means faster pages all around. It also means that if you you've customized your templates to use {php} or {include_php} functions, you'll need to move those items in to your php scripts.
[UPDATE] All php script files have been reformatted to be consistent with a basic coding standard, and following a shared set of style rules and expectations about how the PHP code is formatted.
[UPDATE] Cleanup of many language strings, templates, and CSS files.

[FIX] CP: Viewing and editing Member Subscriptions will now display the Member account's current Real Email Address. (Thanks to Morgan for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] Fixed missing IP address in email notifications of Multiple Account Logins and Lost Password Requests. (Thanks to Morgan for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] Permissions for viewing and downloading PDF files has been fixed. (Thanks to Outdoorking for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] Attachment Manager window "centering jumps" and "wonky resizing" while adding or removing attachments has been fixed. (Thanks to Zarzal for reporting this bug!)
[FIX] Links to Gallery Topics from the Gallery forum are now Spider Friendly.
[FIX] Fixed missing ShoutChat language string in the Who's Online page.
[FIX] Minor html fixes throughout the templates.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Upgrading To The Current Version of UBB.threads 7
The upgrade path from UBB.threads 7.5.x versions continues to be to move to the most recent version of UBB.threads as they become available. Such as 7.5.6 => 7.7.0 There is no need to do an incremental update from 7.5.8 to 7.5.9 to 7.6.0 to 7.6.1...etc. You should update directly from your current UBB.threads 7 version, to the most recent version of UBB.threads.

The UBB.threads 7 Upgrade Guide can be found in the Docs tab in the menu header.

Take note; if you are upgrading from a version prior to the last version, incrementally follow the special instructions listed within /install/UPGRADE_INSTRUCTIONS.txt, from each version just above the version you are coming from. Normally there are no special instructions or they explain a new feature for you to configure.

Special Upgrade Instructions for 7.7.0
No Special Upgrade Instructions for 7.7.0

Several new CSS classes have been added.
New CSS Classes
  • .avatar (Properties for: Avatars)
  • .avatar-none (Properties for: Avatar None)
  • .news-image (Properties for: Portal News Image, News Image Picker)

These new style properties have been added to /styles/common.css with their basic settings. You can customize each to fit with your custom style sheets inside the Style Editor (Control Panel).

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Stock Styles From UBB.threads 7.7 Series
Beginning with the UBB.threads 7.7 Series, only the current styles will be included within the main archive.

UBB.threads styles - New for 7.7.0
  • UBBT77

New style names to be used as of 2019-01-01

[Linked Image]

Notes:
If you are currently using a stock style from your original UBB.threads 7.5 series install, it is highly recommended that you update to the matching current style from within the Member Area downloads section, or the most recent UBB.threads archive.

Within the Member Area downloads is a section listing for Style Packs. These Style Packs are already included within the main UBB.threads zip archive. They are also being made available independently with the intention of being useful to forum owners still running UBB.threads 7.5 series forums. Ideally, we'd like those older forums to update to the latest version, but we know that you're staying on that version for your own reasons. These Style Packs are compatible with UBB.threads 7.5 and 7.6. There have been zero adjustments made to them to account for the 7.5 series template bugs (which have since been corrected in 7.6). We want your 7.5.x forum to look modern. So at no extra cost, here they are for you thumbsup
--

Further reading on UBB.threads Style Packs:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/261503/stock-ubb-threads-style-packs

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What To Do Next?

Now go update your forums.

If you have already updated, leave a comment reply here. Your comments help us know if you found something that needs to be fixed, or what new features you like the most.

Happy UBBTing! grin

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Stranger
Stranger
I'm not sure if it's okay to post this as a reply here, but I'm trying to do the upgrade from 7.5.9 to 7.7.0 and the upgrader is reporting these files as missing:

libs/fa/version531free
libs/phpmailer/version25256
libs/smarty/version3132
libs/fa/fa-all.css
libs/fa/version504
libs/phpmailer/version2525
libs/smarty/plugins/shared.mb_wordwrap.php
libs/smarty/version3131
ubb_js/dropzone.css
ubb_js/dropzone.min.js
ubb_js/lightbox/close.png
ubb_js/lightbox/jquery.rotate.min.js
ubb_js/lightbox/lightbox-plus-rotate.min.js
ubb_js/lightbox/lightbox.css
ubb_js/lightbox/loading.gif
ubb_js/lightbox/next.png
ubb_js/lightbox/prev.png
ubb_js/lightbox/rotate.png

These files are not included in the 7.7.0 zip. For example, PHPMailer has "version5257" in the zip and FA has "version563free". am I doing something wrong?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
thanks. I'll have a 1-file fix posted for you within the hour.

K
K Offline
Hi! I was doing the upgrade from 7.5.9 as well and also ran into this issue.

Will the ZIP file in the downloads section be updates as well, so we can just download the installation package again?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Kayjey
Will the ZIP file in the downloads section be updates as well, so we can just download the installation package again?
Yes, once the patch is announced the package in the Member Area will be refreshed.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Still working on it. 20 minutes more, as I am performing this upgrade myself on a sandbox server.

When complete, I'll update the main archive in the Member Area. If you had already uploaded all the other files to your server, the only file thats been changed which is preventing you from continuing is install/UPGRADE_CHANGES.txt. When complete, you'll notice the date of the file in the installer archive to be the only one in the install/ directory with a more recent date than the rest.

Excellent.
Perfect timing on the release for me.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by isaac
Still working on it. 20 minutes more, as I am performing this upgrade myself on a sandbox server.

When complete, I'll update the main archive in the Member Area. If you had already uploaded all the other files to your server, the only file thats been changed which is preventing you from continuing is install/UPGRADE_CHANGES.txt. When complete, you'll notice the date of the file in the installer archive to be the only one in the install/ directory with a more recent date than the rest.

Tested an upgrade of 7.5.9 -> 7.7.0 using the a fixed /install/UPGRADE_CHANGES.txt file.
The upgrade is working as expected. I did not run in to any issues after fixing the reported issues. Thank you Slaz!

An updated install package has been posted.

As a reminder:
the only file thats been changed which is preventing you from continuing is install/UPGRADE_CHANGES.txt ... you'll notice the date of the file in the installer archive to be the only one in the install/ directory with a more recent date than the rest. cool

Stranger
Stranger
Thanks, the upgrade process worked and everything seems to be fine and in place. smile

Now on to tweaking my years old CSS.

Excellent isaac,

Just in time for my server upgrades in a few weeks :-)

Great work and as always thank you for keeping ubb alive.

Top job (thumbs UP).

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm very happy to read your feedback and comments.

Thank you to everyone here who is keeping this going in to UBB's second decade.
Good job, you guys!

Old Hand
Old Hand
Great news! thumbsup
I'll do my update next weekend.
Yeah thumbsup

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Old Hand
Old Hand
Thanks for your hard work Developers!
I'll be upgrading soon to 7.7.0
I'm using PHP 5.6.40 with7.6.2 now so I guess its just straight forward to do the upgrade as usual
Is it possible then to change to PHP 7 after the upgrade without doing anything else or do I need to change anything regarding the UBBT or MySQL?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Morgan
Is it possible then to change to PHP 7 after the upgrade without doing anything else or do I need to change anything regarding the UBBT or MySQL?
Thats correct. Nothing additional needs to be done with UBB.threads 7.7.0 when switching between your PHP 5.6 -> PHP 7.x. You can upgrade your PHP version either just before you run the upgrader, or any time after you've been using UBBT77x for a while.

UBB.threads 7.7.0 is compatible with PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, PHP 7.0, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, and PHP 7.3.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I like answers like that a lot, Thanks for making it easy for us UBBThreaders.. smile

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Old Hand
Old Hand
My update from 7.6.2 to 7.7.0 is done.
While running the installer a problem with the automatic language files modification comes up again. This screen say it update my german strings but never finish. The continue button don't come up. I have to use browser back, click 'I do my own modification' to continue. Then the update continues and finished without another problem.

After this I review my german files and see that the installer do it and modify my files. I only need to translate it. I use beyond compare to check all strings against the english pack but nothing is missing. There must be a little bug in the installer if you use more then one language packs or its my server - dont know.

After this all works fine und I change my php Version to 7.2 without a problem. Good work thumbsup

One little thing I note while reviewing all files: the version strings are not all set to 7.7.0. Most of the files stay at 7.6.2 or older.

Regards
Zarzal

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Happy to hear that your upgrade of your site went well smile

Originally Posted by Zarzal
One little thing I note while reviewing all files: the version strings are not all set to 7.7.0. Most of the files stay at 7.6.2 or older.

The 7.6.x version descriptors were intentionally left in the TEMPLATE comment headers that have had zero changes to them for the release, with the idea that doing so would make it easier for moders to reference back to a script template change affecting their customization.

All of the PHP scripts and CSS were touched/reformatted for UBB.threads 7.7.0, so they get bumped up the current version -- even if their change was purely astatic.

tl;dr, If files get changed, they get a their respective current version comment updated. Unchanged files remain with the version comment the last time they were changed.

P
P Offline
I noticed that the old MyISAM table type is still hardcoded in the createtable.php script. You should remove that because current versions of MySQL and MariaDB are using InnoDB/xtradb as default storage engine. InnoDB is now a full drop-in replacement for the old MyISAM table format.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 322 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29